PDA

View Full Version : Last call for the Spyderco Military.

Yog
11-07-05, 08:25 PM
Last call.
Poor Outdoorcode is worried we're going to start charging him rates :P

I'll give it one week, then it's up for auction.

outdoorcode
12-07-05, 10:27 AM
Poor Outdoorcode is worried we're going to start charging him rates Too right, its been in my desk since since May!!

Yog
20-07-05, 07:24 PM
Now in the Auction forum.

Bazza
29-07-05, 09:32 PM
I know I'm not strictly in the passaround, but as I was the winning bidder in the auction I thought i would post my views.
First of all thanks to Yog for organising, Outdoorcode for his quick response in posting and of course Sal for allowing us to play!
The Military arrived this morning so I haven't had the chance to give it a workout, but my first impressions are;
Yes it's big, but there are bigger (see thumbnails). It's smooth with a good lock-up, light and very handy.As it's been re-sharpened and has a few scratches I don't have that reluctance to put it to work, so will use it all I can.
The size makes EDC difficult in this country, but there are times when it will be the right knife for the right job. I will be in Africa later this year and it will certainly be in my pocket every day.
The only downside (for me) is the tip down carry, being right handed the pocket clip is a good aid when opening one handed. Perfection for me would be tip up clip, titanium liners and carbon fibre scales (I'd buy that!)
So, thanks guys, I like this one!
Barry