PDA

View Full Version : Kids fixed blade (with safety blade)

Dave Barker
12-11-03, 12:06 PM
A while ago Tony posted a thread entitled " fixed blades for kids"

I had an enquiry from someone else at the same time and took contact with Tony so that we could discuss the finer details.

together we came up with dimensions that gave a good shaft, and a cutting edge that was of a usable size.( cutting edge 65mm)

When the thing was nearly completed the guy in america decided he wiuld try to grind the point off an old knife he had and the deal (as with a few I have had) went down the pan.

So the knife was laying there with no place to go. I posted it on BUK and it went almost on the same day.

This is the one that is winging its way to the UK as we speak.

I have 3 more blades, one made by trond ( who has saved my bacon several times of late :thanks: peders) and two by Steen Nielsen (that I forgot to cancel!!)

So here is the knife: http://www.brukskniver.net/KNIFE%20GALLERY/images/previews/preview11.jpg

If you are interested in possibly having one for a kiddy pm me and we can discuss the details. They are reasonably priced at under 50 quid ( and postage to UK europe is included)
This picture is dark sorry!

bagman
12-11-03, 12:25 PM
the picture is not just dark Dave, its not there :rolleyes:

edited to add - it is now :rolleyes: again

Colin KC
12-11-03, 12:46 PM
the picture is not just dark Dave, its not there :rolleyes:

Must be a MAC thing, I can see it (& jolly nice it is too;)):p

ZDP-189
12-11-03, 01:01 PM
It seems this is getting quite common and other makers I know in the states won't do custom work without a deposit.

boaty
12-11-03, 01:16 PM
This is the one that is winging its way to the UK as we speak.

It's mine I tell you, mine :rant:

Well, actually it's my stepson Ben's knife :D

Looks great Dave, can't wait for it to get here :biggthump

Dave Barker
12-11-03, 01:56 PM
Boaty... it's in the post, should be there in time for easter if the backlog is still so big!

As for customs, well I'm a trusting guy.... people on the forum gain nothing apart from a bad rep through welching on deals, so I don't need deposits.

A MAN is as good as his word ( please note I said man harv!!)

As I said, i like making these things and if people want to buy great cos , it means I can keep making ( yes trond i'll buy more blades from you I promise!! :biggthump )

So if anyone wants, then let me know,if not..... well it's a pretty picture innit!
Even if it is dark! especially for those of us that san see it Harv.... I'll give you a tip mate, Take the shi**y nappy from in front of your eyes! things smell better then too.!

The General
12-11-03, 03:20 PM
Apple :censored: Mac's! :rolleyes: :wink: :p

bagman
12-11-03, 04:22 PM
Apple :censored: Mac's! :rolleyes: :wink: :p

you are only jealous you DROS box type you :D

Colin KC
12-11-03, 04:31 PM
you are only jealous you DROS box type you :D

'least we can see Daves knife:p

bagman
12-11-03, 04:52 PM
'least we can see Daves knife:p

when I want ther monkey to talk I'll rattle the cage :D

Dave Barker
13-11-03, 08:30 AM
Look it's not baggys fault he buys inferior cra* is it?...

Anyway can we keep to the topic please!

Maybe we should open an " abuse baggy " thread!

Colin KC
13-11-03, 09:59 AM
Maybe we should open an " abuse baggy " thread!

Nah, bin done;)

Dave Barker
13-11-03, 10:03 AM
oh, maybe we can start on someone else... i have a good idea!