View Full Version : Hi

CountryBoyz
27-12-03, 05:03 AM
Just wanted to say hello
Anyone collect khukuris here?

bagman
27-12-03, 08:40 AM
Mornin :land: :D

Welcome Countryboyz - if you do a search on khukuris yuow ill find a few posts but I'm not sure if we have any major league collectors here

Ross
27-12-03, 10:55 AM
Hi, I have a couple, a BAS and a Gelbu Special - does that count?? You collect? show us your pics!

Ross

ugug
27-12-03, 06:10 PM
hey good ol countryboyz
:p

just a couple of old'uns that got passed on to me.. but no where as cool as your one

welcome :D

ugug

Ross
27-12-03, 06:51 PM
ugug - I like your sig............that was very funny

Colin KC
27-12-03, 06:57 PM
Welcome Countryboyz,

Have fun:D

ugug
27-12-03, 08:38 PM
ugug - I like your sig............that was very funny

i've no idea what you mean :crying: .. ;) and remember it was you and the heavy metal mod who actually ran with the ball, if there was a ball.. errrrrrr :biggthump ..

Ross
27-12-03, 09:00 PM
:D :D :D :nutkick: :drillserg

Roger Gregory
27-12-03, 11:32 PM
We know what you said ugug :lmao:

Roger

ps Welcome CountryBoyz :)

ugug
28-12-03, 02:07 AM
aaargh :quake: :wink: :beerchug: :)

ugug

ps CountryBoyz ..expect most of your threads to be hijacked :D

CountryBoyz
28-12-03, 03:11 AM
thanks for the welcome guys.
any of you ever been to http://www.himalayan-imports.com
they really do make and sale some quality knives?

Ross
28-12-03, 12:36 PM
Yes, thats where mine are from, no worries with the quality or service. Postage will cost about $30 though. If you look out on BF.com, Uncle Bill posts specials on the HI forum. Top bunch of people.

Ross

The General
30-12-03, 06:01 PM
Welcome! I keep telling myself I have to get one from uncle Bill!

Ross
30-12-03, 06:22 PM
Well worth it Wayne, very heavy duty, will last a lifetime.

ggfh666
31-12-03, 11:35 AM
Countryboy,

Have you got a whole collection? Something else than folders....
I like khukuris , but prefer the non-embellished type. I've only got one , a Indian Army Model of 1981 if I'm not mistaken. You don't see them often here in Belgium and if you find them they're expensive. I've got mine some years ago from US Cavalry for 17$ and customs did not even look at it...

Welcome

Danzo
31-12-03, 01:40 PM
Hi CountryBoyz

I have four Kukris, one service issue, one early twentieth century and two of the simple truckspring ones with a plain wood handle they use as everyday tools in Nepal. I use them for firewood chopping and the biggest one is excellentfor that. I have ben thinking of getting a Himalayan Imports one for a while. There is also an ebay seller called Tora Kukri Supplies here, has anybody used them?

:biggthump

Danzo

Ross
31-12-03, 02:43 PM
Tora is not (unsurprisingly) well thought of on the HI forum but I would bet that the khuks on offer would be as good as the HI ones. I will be getting one when finances permit to test my theory....

Ross

ggfh666
31-12-03, 02:46 PM
http://www.toratoratora.co.uk/contact-other.asp

a few interesting blades there. Prices seem reasonable.
I'm tempted...

sirupate
09-01-04, 07:34 PM
Tora is not (unsurprisingly) well thought of on the HI forum but I would bet that the khuks on offer would be as good as the HI ones. I will be getting one when finances permit to test my theory....

Ross

Hello Ross

Tora kukri are handmade in Nepal to our specification. We have been going for just over four years and have most of the range made to our specifications as the spine on Nepali made kukri are far to thick and their historical replicas are not correct spec, we have just about got it right now on the historical range and we are looking forward to the new batch comming to us.

All the best Sirupate (Simon from Tora Kukri)

PS Hello you kukri fans!!!!!!!!!!!