PDA

View Full Version : 2 DDR EDCs and a Hayes Tanto

AP-USA
29-12-03, 06:25 AM
2 Darrel Ralph EDCs both with 2-tone 9cm 420V blade. The top one is in near flawless condition with some very minor handle wear and the second one is absolutely flawless. Handle is natural titanium on both (although the top one fades out to purple a bit around the edges). Asking $400 US shipped for each and can do any credit card (on the secure order form of my medical supply business - I regularly ship to the UK) or any other mode of payment. Will ship via USPS Air Mail (unless you request otherwise) which takes about a week.
The Hayes Tanto has a 5160 13.5cm blade and is a one of a kind. It is absolutely flawless and comes with a dragon menuki and kydex sheath with tek-lok. Asking $500 US shipped.
I read a thread about buying from the US and it looks like the exchange rate favors the UK (if I read that correctly). Please email with any questions.
Thanks.

AP-USA
29-12-03, 06:26 AM
Here's the pic I meant to attach:

Cool
30-12-03, 11:43 PM
Dang. Nice EDC's sir :)

AP-USA
31-12-03, 12:14 AM
Thank you, Sir. I'm having second thoughts on the Tanto, but holiday presents knocked me out and both EDCs are still here looking for a good home.

Cool
31-12-03, 09:55 AM
Your welcome. I have an EDC myself. Built like tanks :)

It's a shame DDR doesn't make them any more.

Which makes them worth collecting :)

AP-USA
02-01-04, 05:11 PM
The attached EDC is the only one that remains. The blade is flawless while the handle has some very minor wear. It's my favorite of the two. Quite painful.

Big John
02-02-04, 03:26 PM
Sorry - but has the Hayes tanto gone?

AP-USA
02-02-04, 03:32 PM
Sorry, Sir. The Hayes Tanto is a goner. If you like, take a look at www.pirelabladedesign.com for an upcoming Hayes collaboration with Mr. Pirela. Kinda NICE!
I still do have the one DDR EDC, though. It's the one above with it's best blade shape made of my favorite steel, 420V. It's a good one.
Thanks again.

Big John
03-02-04, 06:01 PM
Can you give me your thoughts on Hayes work please?
John

AP-USA
03-02-04, 06:07 PM
In my humble opinion there's not a finer maker of traditional Japanese blades, that I know of. His temper lines are very aesthetically pleasing as well as functional. He brings the edge to a zero grind which is not easy, but makes for a very, very sharp cutting surface. And the styling can't be beat. I can highly recommend anything that comes out of his shop.
I'm somewhat partial to his tactical blades with the finger guard although I've never seen one in person.
Look at www.hayesknives.com , if you like.
Best wishes.