PDA

View Full Version : Finally! I finished an all new version of my website for your viewing pleasure...

Kevin Wilkins
06-01-04, 02:11 PM
Yes, it took a while and now you may decide if it was worth the wait: Son of-, Bride of- ta daaam: my new website:

www.wilkins-knives.com

I only have the english language version finished right now, but that should be OK for you guys... and, as an American, I know you'll all snicker and make fun of my english. Some may even consider me illiterate. Well, I want to dispel that rumor before it even starts: My parents were certainly married when I was born. So there. :-)

Cheers!

Cool
06-01-04, 02:21 PM
Your site and your knives are awesome Kevin. I like them very much indeed.

Ross
06-01-04, 02:37 PM
Kevin, what a great site! Exactly what a knife site should be like.

Ross

Martyn
06-01-04, 03:02 PM
Superb website, first rate - did you do all the coding and design yourself? It's a very clean and pro job. Well done.

shing
06-01-04, 03:04 PM
Wow Kevin, cool site. Did you have the photos done professionally?

Kevin
06-01-04, 03:12 PM
Kevin.

I agree...a first class site which reflects the quality work that you do.

I am very impressed.

Kevin Wilkins
06-01-04, 03:22 PM
Yep, made it myself! I also took all the photos myself with the exception of the one on the firstpage showing both of my hands grinding a blade! Would have been hard to hold the camera if know what I mean...

I went for a lot of text and BIG photos. I know you need at 1028 resolution to see it best and that slower connections may have to wait a few secs for loading, but then at least you see what you came for. I hat postage stamp sized pics.

I also did not go with a "designer" look, rather very straightforward and no Java crap other than the rollover nav. bar.

Thanks for yll your comments! I hope you will find the site useful to vist on more than one occasion.

The Deacon
06-01-04, 03:27 PM
Very nice job on the website Kevin, and your knives are extremely beautiful too! Just one thing that struck me odd, the measurements shown on the page displaying all your folder designs, they don't seem right to me and none seem to match those shown on the individual page for a given knife (the ones on the individual pages seem more logical to me).

Kevin Wilkins
06-01-04, 03:33 PM
Paul you has found a mistake! Thank you!! The individual pages are correct, I will fi it right now.... damnit damnit I thought I checked everything....

Kevin Wilkins
06-01-04, 03:43 PM
Fixed it!

The Deacon
06-01-04, 03:56 PM
Glad to be of help and once again, very, very nice work both on the website and your knives. I might have to start saving up for one of those damascus Wharncliffs.

Cool
06-01-04, 03:58 PM
I've always wondered what that little satellite screw on your pivots was - now I know!

A Chris Reeve style bushing pivot too! Great stuff.

Sajuma
06-01-04, 04:05 PM
Very, very good site and beautifull knives, what could I say more...

Juha

bagman
06-01-04, 04:44 PM
Very nice Kevin - just the sort od quaility I would expect from your good self.

Just going to move this thread to Makers Sales

MattW
06-01-04, 04:50 PM
What a great site - it's very rare to see such a well executed, clean design in a web site like this (and the knives look fantastic too - wonder if there's a correlation? :) )

best
MMatt

Yog
06-01-04, 08:42 PM
Good site and GREAT knives.

Unfortunately my wish list has grown by another 3 or 4 :banghead: :biggthump

Roger Gregory
07-01-04, 12:10 AM
Very slick, I like the new site a lot! Great work Kevin.

I am glad to see the Britannia folder is on there :biggthump I suppose I need to start saving .....

Roger

Bazza
08-01-04, 06:54 PM
Kevin,
excellent site and great looking knives. Keep making!
Bazza