PDA

View Full Version : First Blood Lile Knife Green Cord

shaft284
24-01-04, 09:03 PM
Hi, I am a new member to this forum site and would like to say a hello to everyone. I have just purchased a 1986 First blood Lile knife but it does not have any of the green cord around the handle, (for some reason it has been removed!!) Can anyone out there help me in where I can purchase some from. I contacted nylonnet.com (who I believe were the original suppliers) but they cannot remember which cord was used. Can anyone give me the thickness details etc of the cord and possibly send me a picture of it. Thanks Tony

mr doyle
24-01-04, 09:38 PM
I too bought a First Blood Lile only recently and I am assuming that yours is a pre-death 'no dot' model as these come without the green cord. The green cord is only on the ones after liles death and have a polished edge.
I used some thick waxed thread (looks the same) I bought from a leather goods shop and it looks the business, but the main reason is to make the knife more comfortable to hold (it can always be removed!)

Danzo
25-01-04, 06:01 PM
Hi Shaft and welcome to the site

Forgive me if this was your obvious starting point but is it just regular green paracord? If so Anchor Supplies in Nottingham and Ripley......

www.anchorsupplies.com

......are one of the cheapest suppliers of it in the UK. Just before Christmas it was 15 metres for 2.

If not the right material then they may just have an armoured car or miniature submarine you fancy anyway!

:D

Danzo

mr doyle
25-01-04, 07:43 PM
Danzo,
Alas if only this was true, Its too thick.
The cord is similar to the misson knife by lile, the cord is only as thick as seafishing line...

Danzo
26-01-04, 12:16 AM
Oh well, that's a shame. Although if the cord was of some sort of military spec then Anchor might still be able to supply it. They do sell an awful lot of very odd but genuine MOD surplus stuff!

:cool:

Danzo

PS_Bond
26-01-04, 07:33 AM
Bagman has some very thin green/OD cord...

MushiSushi
26-01-04, 10:39 AM
Shaft, when you find out what size you're looking for you might find it here;
http://www.craft-fair.co.uk/Supplies.cfm
look under habbidashery