PDA

View Full Version : J. Nowil, Cold Steel and Blackjack Condor

Bex
25-01-04, 04:45 PM
J. Nowil Bowie, vintage Cold Steel Mini Outdoorsman and a Blackjack Condor 83 ssg folder. Listed as of 10pm GMT tonight.

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mjjbecker&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

stonehard
25-01-04, 06:33 PM
I got one of those and I thought it was an Urban Skinner as opposed to an Urban Tanto

Bex
25-01-04, 11:46 PM
Wasnt the Urban Skinner the push dagger?

The outdoorsman series is much closer to the traditional tanto than the 'American' tanto design that they popularised.

stonehard
27-01-04, 01:51 AM
I have a small push dagger called the Urban Pal but you might be right.
been a long time and lots of beer since then. Interested in finding out how you get on anyway. regardless of name its a good knife.

stonehard
27-01-04, 01:52 AM
on second thoughts I seem to remeber they had a mini tanto as an option to the mini outdoors man. same knife just differant points.

Bex
28-01-04, 08:28 PM
The urban pal was the little all stainless one wasnt it? The urban skinner had the kraton scales. There was also a larger one with a dagger blade. Used to be a couple of skeleton knives, the urban shiv and something else.

The mini tanto used to have brass fittings, as did all the tanto's until recent years. The outsdoorsman models always had stainless steel fittings.

I have to admit I prefer the old Cold Steel stuff. I'm selling this one since I've never gotten around to using it-aside from cutting one finger to the bone.

stonehard
28-01-04, 09:05 PM
your right about the urban pal. pretty useless for much as its about 1/4" thick and the size of egg but the key chain that is attached to the sheaf is very good.

Ive had them so long I cant remember. I brought them at Framar after seeing a review about how they would go through a car door.
never tried but it was a good selling point.

Bex
28-01-04, 10:59 PM
Lynn thompson certainly shook things up with his marketing.

I saw a video clip of the Ti Lite being tested. That is one hell of a strong liner lock. Of course G.Sakai know how to make a good knife ;) .