PDA

View Full Version : PDA version of US Army Field Manual 21-76

clcuckow
16-04-04, 11:05 AM
I all I have finally tracked down 21-76 in Micro$oft reader format. I have put them up here if anybody is intrested:

Micro$oft Reader (http://www.christopher.cuckow.dsl.pipex.com/eBook/armyfm.zip)
Palm format (http://www.christopher.cuckow.dsl.pipex.com/eBook/palm_survival.zip)

Now all I need is for my Tosh e350 to have a better battery life, or does anybody make a hat mounted wind turbine :rolleyes:

Chux
16-04-04, 11:31 AM
Can you not get extended batteries for Toshibas any more? :confused: Bummer. :(

clcuckow
16-04-04, 11:55 AM
The e350 Pocket PC has an internal Lithium-Ion battery (3.7V / 1000 mAh) and it seems to need charging every day. I am thinking of making an external emergence charger, you know the type that you stick a PP3 on. I am probably being a bit of a sad techie but I like a idea of plugging it into my TomTom satnav, driving off to some remote location, have an electronic OS map on it of the area and if I need it a survival guide.

Chux
16-04-04, 12:13 PM
Way back when I had an e330 it used to last about a week between recharges with reasonable use. You must really be hammering it to need to charge it so frequently.

Could you get an in-car charger for use with satnav? Don't want it going flat if you get lost or need the survival guide.

roll on hydrogen fuel cells :D

keith_beef
16-04-04, 12:52 PM
I've converted it into HTML, from the Microsoft .lit format.
I can upload it to a server this weekend, if necessary. But maybe there are HTML and PDF versions where you found the proprietary formats?

KKK.

clcuckow
16-04-04, 01:50 PM
There are pdf and html versions out there, It was the PDA versions I had difficulty finding. I will get the URLs and post into the thread. The pdf/html don't render that well on the small screens we have on PDA's.

Chux, The TomTom does charge the battery. I have seen reviews of the e350 with 2 1/2 hours. When my Sony Clie lasted weeks!

clcuckow
16-04-04, 02:05 PM
Pdf (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/21-76-1/fm_21-76-1survival.pdf)

The html versions are seem to all be online and split into chapters.

lemoneyewash
16-04-04, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the link squire :D !!

Chux
16-04-04, 10:24 PM
ooh, pdf...

Thanks, evening reading sorted :biggthump

Danzo
17-04-04, 12:04 AM
As a moderator I must remind you to keep discussions in English, other than words you don't understand or insults, which are allowable in any language as we all like to understand what the bloke in the taxi has just said.

'HTMLe330TomTomPDF' may be the representation of the Xhosa 'Click' language and I respect those of you who can transcribe it but we prefer English here.

:rolleyes:

I did recognise the word 'Toshiba'.

;)

Danzo

Chux
17-04-04, 12:08 AM
:D :bandit:

clcuckow
17-04-04, 03:16 PM
Sorry Danzo :) I suppose that computer speek is just as inpenitrable as all the latin speek you use, caveat emptor, haipis corpus, corpus delicti et al. :rolleyes: :D