PDA

View Full Version : Curly birch knife

JohanB
16-04-04, 08:30 PM
This is a new knife of mine. One of the bit more "fancy"....

As usual :biggthump a blade by Trond...... The knife is made of a nice piece of curly birch, alternative ivory and a slice of red vulcanized fiber....The sheath is raw hind leather with pauting on it. The Trond blade is a 3 layer laminated with forged finish and polished, razorsharp ;)

The knife is coloured and oiled in my own special way, giving it an "old" look...

http://home.no.net/johabraa/106_0615.JPG

http://home.no.net/johabraa/106_0616.JPG

And yes, i know my keyboard is ugly. Its lots of leather dye ;)

Price: 80, Included shipping!

At the moment i accept cheques and money transfer from bank to bank
Further payment details will be said when order......

Thanks

Johan

Chux
16-04-04, 10:03 PM
Does it have a swedge or are my eyes on the wonk?

lemoneyewash
16-04-04, 10:10 PM
You know Johan, I've been looking at your work for a while now and have always been very impressed :biggthump . But.... I'm becoming more and more smitten by 'Scandi' knives (I only own 1, so far, by Otto with a blade by Mr Nielsen). They work (I make walking sticks from hazel, ash, blackthorn etc) very well indeed, the blade is very easy to shapen and holds the edge very well. But.....
Why do you offer such a NICE knife when I'm completely flamin' skint eh :banghead: ?!!!!!
Honestly Johan, you have an uncanny knack with this lately :twak: .
Errr... do you know my bank manager :D ?

JohanB
16-04-04, 10:13 PM
Ehehe. Thanks for these replies. I am not sure what you mean by "swedge".....
I will take more pictures if wanted....

Cheers

Johan

Chux
16-04-04, 10:20 PM
A swedge is a false edge on the back of the blade (Chux ducks under table to avoid being corrected)

Why do you offer such a NICE knife when I'm completely flamin' skint eh

Its a common phenomenom I experience, I don't think it is a specific relationship with any one manufacturer, I'm just always skint. Still, gives the moths somewhere to live :o

lemoneyewash
16-04-04, 10:31 PM
"Its a common phenomenom I experience, I don't think it is a specific relationship with any one manufacturer, I'm just always skint. Still, gives the moths somewhere to live :o[/QUOTE]

A brotherhood in 'blade poverty' eh? :D

Trond
16-04-04, 10:34 PM
Chux it is a half way swedge, the blade i quite thick, and the swedge is not sharp, but it lightens the blade a litle, it is a bad thing i picked up while looking at some sweedish blades, and i made a few that way ;)

Trond
16-04-04, 10:35 PM
Oh and Johan this is really a good knife, now you can stop making knives, or else you are going to make my knives look like sh*te next to yours ;)

Chux
16-04-04, 10:38 PM
Chux it is a half way swedge, the blade i quite thick, and the swedge is not sharp, but it lightens the blade a litle, it is a bad thing i picked up while looking at some sweedish blades, and i made a few that way ;)

Don't apologise Trond, I like swedges :D

narsil
17-04-04, 12:17 AM
Swedge-tastic, I recenty aquried a JohanB knife and it is excellent, get them while you can is my advice. Equal praise should go to trond for his fantastic blades,you can get them razor sharp by just looking at them hard. I cannot rate these knives highly enough, and his prices are just silly, its worth twice that.

Chux
17-04-04, 12:20 AM
It is very tempting, swedge on a scandi, mmm. :(

JohanB
17-04-04, 12:05 PM
Tho i must admit i like thick blades with swedges. Looks a bit "fancy", in my oppinion tho. And Thanks For your little review narsil! :)

Herr_Mingus
18-04-04, 11:33 AM
nice blade johan

ANDYLASER
18-04-04, 01:42 PM
That is an excellent knife Johan, I particularly like the patterning to the curly birch, it is quite unusual. And the price is very tempting. Unfortunately this months funds appear to be tied up on a different thread.

JohanB
19-04-04, 06:44 AM
Unfortunately this months funds appear to be tied up on a different thread.

Gather all your money and buy my next one :lmao:

BrB
20-04-04, 08:20 PM
I traded a bowie I am to make for one of Johans knives. It is a very nice puukko and I am very happy with the pics he sent me. When his bowie is ready we will ship each other the knives.

He is a tallented guy I can tell. And my guess is his prices will be going up sometime in the near future when his knives become more popular, so this is a very good oportunity to own a piece of his work that may become a valuable item for a collection in the future.

JohanB
07-05-04, 07:56 PM
I missed this one, thanks jeff. I am looking forward to see your bowie

JohanB
07-05-04, 08:09 PM
And i now put the price down to 80 pounds........

rowen65
07-05-04, 10:50 PM
An absolute bargin! I own one of Johan's knives and agree with everything said about his work and more. His prices can't stay as they are for long, he is very talented and it's a pleasure owning one of his knives. Keep up the good work

JohanB
08-05-04, 09:48 PM
well thank you :)

And to all possible customers i need the money so i can buy a folding kit ;) :D

lionel
09-05-04, 06:01 PM
whoa O_O that is one heck of a custom knife!! :biggthump

KhukMan
11-05-04, 05:07 PM
Now that is a beautiful knife - will have to get me one of those !!