PDA

View Full Version : Hide/Show Tags

daveathall@btin
17-09-07, 09:43 PM
How do you do those hide and show tags on photos posted on the web, please, make it nice and simple for an old dinosaur.

spamel
17-09-07, 09:48 PM
I can never remember, so I go to a thread that has them and click the quote button, cut and paste them and then over write the blurb with whatever I want to put in!

Tiffers
17-09-07, 09:49 PM
When you are creating a post and want to hide a photo in it, highlight the url link you have pasted in for the photo. Then, click on the red questionmark which is above the right hand corner of your text box.

If you are putting a picture into a reply, you can either click on the "go advanced" button which will give you that button above your text box. Or, you put the word HIDE in front of what you want to hide. Put square brackets around it like this.. [*hide] but without the *. At the end of the bits you want to hide you do this [/hide*], again without the *.

Hope this helps :)

Tiffers

a6cjn
17-09-07, 09:53 PM
How do you do those hide and show tags on photos posted on the web, please, make it nice and simple for an old dinosaur.

Not very helpful when everyone tells you how easy it is but honestly it is.
One tip to begin with, preview your message to see if it has worked before posting, I did this several times before I got it right.

Once you have put your pic into something like photobucket, copy the bottom url or link

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u53/a6cjn/Publication1-1.jpg

Then insert it into your post by pressing the square 'mountain' icon and pasting your link.

To produce the 'show', highlight the link you have just pasted and then press the red oval with the question mark in it.
And, as if by magic, you've cracked it

Hope this helps

Chris :)

daveathall@btin
17-09-07, 10:02 PM
Brilliant. Thanks very much spamel, Tiffers and a6cjn, I went back to my first post with photos and edited, success! Thanks again.

Tiffers
17-09-07, 10:08 PM
Well done Dave :)

Tiffers

Jeannius61
19-09-07, 02:43 PM
Now all we need are some tags that make the text flash... :]

Do they exist here? :?: :?:

Jean