PDA

View Full Version : ITC 100 .. again

MushiSushi
18-06-04, 10:06 AM
I'm considering getting some in from Scarva

there is a very slight price difference in favour of buying a gallon from buying individual pints ..... of ......

141 :yikes:

so it might be worth buying a gallon as a group ???

PS_Bond
18-06-04, 10:18 AM
I would quite like some, for starters; 1-2 pints I guess. No idea how long 1 pint would last (especially with my experiments!)

MushiSushi
18-06-04, 05:01 PM
sounds like you want 2 pints then peter ;)

price will be 22-33p per pint plus postage from me to you, compared to buying it in pints direct from scava 39-95 including postage.

2 down 4 to go and i will go for it

ugug
18-06-04, 05:23 PM
half pint? :)

MushiSushi
18-06-04, 05:29 PM
Not allowed any beer for another 7 days :(...... oh you meant a half pint of ITC :p ....... umm what are you gonna do with half a pint? .. go on .. go for a pint ;)

ugug
18-06-04, 05:37 PM
no beer for seven days.. what was it..murder.. arson .. stampeding cattle throgh the vatican? :noggin:

only need half a pint cause the container for a pint of ITC would be bigger than my forge. :) .

MushiSushi
18-06-04, 05:40 PM
operation ..... I will put you down for 1/2 pint if i get takers for the other 3 pints

Colin KC
18-06-04, 07:34 PM
I'll have a pint;)

familne
18-06-04, 08:39 PM
err...what is it?

MushiSushi
18-06-04, 08:46 PM
http://www.scarvapottery.com/opencontent/default.asp?itemid=111&section=PRODUCTS

Chris Barry
18-06-04, 10:09 PM
How long is the shelf life on it?
The reason that I ask is that I might make a gas forge but don't want the ITC to expire before I get to making it.

MushiSushi
19-06-04, 07:44 AM
I have no idea Chris, perhaps an e mail to Scarva would answer that one .... but i would assume as it is in theory a glaze it will have a fairly good shelf life

ugug
22-06-04, 01:59 PM
bttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tt

MushiSushi
22-06-04, 02:05 PM
are you constipated Yus?

ugug
12-07-04, 07:18 PM
hey

how we doing on this.. i just put together my '4kg of firecement wrapped aroud a steel tube' forge.. so must have ITC .. any progress on numbers?

cheers

ug

MushiSushi
12-07-04, 07:22 PM
Sorry ug .. was part holding off because was busy with the other projects and also because I was hoping for more numbers to make it feasible .. haven't got around to ordering it yet ..... as it stands .. if i'm gonna go for the gallon . I really need takers for another 2 pints ..... for anyone considering building a forge . this stuff supposedly knocks the insulation value up enough to get at least another 100 - 150 degrees off a standard ceramic blanket refractory lined forge.

any more takers?

MushiSushi
12-07-04, 07:26 PM
http://www.scarvapottery.com/download/1/flyer_1_1.jpg

this stuff at work ... a bare hand and an oxyace torch on an ITC100 covered square of refractory fibre ... don't try this on your kids ;)

Colin KC
12-07-04, 07:26 PM
Sorry ug .. was part holding off because was busy with the other projects and also because I was hoping for more numbers to make it feasible .. haven't got around to ordering it yet ..... as it stands .. if i'm gonna go for the gallon . I really need takers for another 2 pints ..... for anyone considering building a forge . this stuff supposedly knocks the insulation value up enough to get at least another 100 - 150 degrees off a standard ceramic blanket refractory lined forge.

any more takers?

I'll have another pint if it helps;)

MushiSushi
12-07-04, 07:28 PM
that's 2 for him, 2 for bond, 2 for me ...... half for Ug .. :rolleyes: ... i suppose I could keep some as stock incase anyone else comes along late :rolleyes:

Martyn
12-07-04, 07:53 PM
I'll take a pint Mushi, if we can answer the shelf life question. ;)

MushiSushi
12-07-04, 08:00 PM
OK on that note ..... I've just e mailed them about shelf life .. assuming it is to Martyn's approval ... i'll go ahead and order

imagedude
12-07-04, 09:44 PM
Keep undiluted ITC in an airtight container in a cool place. It will last a good long time like this.

MushiSushi
14-07-04, 12:20 PM
according to scarva ..... who are on official holiday all week . but someone kindly answered the phone ..... there is no set shelf life . it keeps for ever, if it dries out just re add some water to bring the consistency back .. protect it from frost . that's about it .. will be back on Monday ... and will order it then.

cheers everybogey :p

Martyn
14-07-04, 06:12 PM
Coool. Drop me a PM mushi and let me know how you want the cash. ;)

jarkman
18-07-04, 10:42 AM
How's your list coming along ?

If you're still looking for takers, I'd go for a pint, against the day I replace my Ugly Small Box Forge (http://www.jarkman.co.uk/catalog/forge/forge.htm) with something more sensible.

MushiSushi
18-07-04, 11:14 AM
Hey Jarkman.. i think i am currently left with 2 1/2 pints for my own use ......which is about what I was hoping for ... my monster, my mini jewellers (yet to be built) forge, my (yet to be built) salt pot forge ... and repairs to my mum's ceramic kiln.. unless Colin was being accommodating in asking for the extra pint ;)...

I'll see how it goes

jarkman
18-07-04, 02:05 PM
No problem - I'll be happy either way. My new forge is only one of roughly four thousand things I need to get round to, so may be some time.

When are you planning to fire yours up ? It looks very done....

MushiSushi
18-07-04, 04:15 PM
you sound like me..... 1001 things on my to do shelf including teaching myself to sew Cordura as my friend Roger is waiting on his fully enclosed sheath for his custom Jack Black.

My forge had some issues raised on Don Fogg's site as to risks involved with vertically mounted burners .. it's since been changed and awaiting a fan mounting for the burner .. then it will be fire up time.

But currently teaching myself to make habaki, but having a bit of trouble getting the join to solder properly .. oh well .. back to work :)

MushiSushi
19-07-04, 10:15 AM
OK been ordered

price will be 22-33p per pint plus postage from me to you.

I'll know better about the p&p costs when I get it and start sending it out, will PM about payment then ... cheers all :biggthump

jarkman
19-07-04, 01:04 PM
Cordura shouldn't be too hard, as long as your machine has enough poke to it. It's got relatively big holes in the weave.

MushiSushi
01-08-04, 07:57 AM
I'm off to Cardiff filming for a couple of days ... when I get back I am hoping to have the time to decant and measure out the ITC100
Col, Martyn and UG ...... and Peter (still came address?) ... if you can PM me where I am sending this stuff and as soon as I know p&p costs I will let you know what the damage is

Ta and toodle pip :D

MushiSushi
04-08-04, 06:30 PM
Back from cardiff ..... after filming in the bowels of Heath Hospital ... 90 degrees plus underground .. not fun nor recommended ..... still awaiting address from Ug and Martyn so I can send it on ... won't know cost until it is weighed at the PO ... so i'll have to trust Ye ... as soon as I get address I will get to the PO and tell you what the damage is