PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here make Kydex sheaths to order?

mirage
16-08-03, 10:24 PM
It's early days yet, but I rather fancy the idea of commissioning one or two sheaths made of "Fantastic Plastic" (OK: Kydex...) for folder/s.

To give any potential makers a rough idea, initially I'd probably be looking for one for an Al Mar SERE 2000. I fancy one that would ride sideways on a belt at the 10- or 11 o'clock location (with 12 being straight ahead). I've heard nothing but good things about Tek Loks, so that's the route I would be looking at going. I would want it comfortable,unobtrusive and "sheeple-friendly." Retention to be solely by friction, so close forming would be necessary. I would prefer the clip to be retained. Any other ideas/options negotiable. Finally, I want quality.

Anyone tooled up & interested, drop me a PM with an idea of price & date of delivery. I would be satisfied with an approximation, as that's all I'm giving you!

bagman
16-08-03, 10:28 PM
mirage - get in touch with Peter

he has made me three sheaths now, neck ones for sebenza and impact kerambit and a belt sheath for CRK mountaineer, just got that one last week.

He has posted a pic of the belt sheath in the galley and I posted a couple of the neck sheaths in there a few weeks ago.

All superb quailty and very good service.

Colin KC
16-08-03, 10:32 PM
Peter

Roger Gregory
17-08-03, 11:29 AM
Someone wake Mr Bond up, he's got a customer :D

Roger

mirage
17-08-03, 11:35 AM
I have PM'd Peter and, no, that is not prison slang for something....

mirage

PS_Bond
17-08-03, 05:41 PM
Sorry, guys - I'm only just back in...

Between the senseless murder of defenceless clays (don't worry, plenty escaped to breed) and slapping the first coat of high-temp paint on the forge (photos as soon as it is lined), I've been busy...

Mirage - no problem. I'll take it to PM/email, so we can kick it about a bit more. As for speed - well, my max turnaround should be about a week.

mirage
17-08-03, 09:36 PM
Peter,

Thanks for the swift reply. Off to PM.

mirage