PDA

View Full Version : Traders Rating -- when will it work again ???

kniv-per
03-05-05, 02:42 PM
Could some of the moderators or administrators tell me, if there are a change that the "Trader Rating" will work again sometime ??? .... :sign09:
Thanks
kniv-per

Martyn
05-05-05, 03:57 AM
fixed. :)

ZDP-189
05-05-05, 04:18 AM
Wahoo!

kniv-per
05-05-05, 07:44 AM
fixed. :)
Martyn ... You'r the man ..
:biggthump -- :love72: .. :party11:
:sign20:
kniv-per

Chux
05-05-05, 09:35 AM
Thanks Martyn,

... now to clear the backlog :)

Martyn
05-05-05, 11:59 AM
Oh, some good news too. As well as fix it, I upgraded it. Part of the delay was because originally it was a very complex mod, but the latest version has been made much easier, so delays shouldn't be a problem in future. Sorry it's taken me so long to get this sorted guys.

Basemetal
05-05-05, 12:35 PM
Thanks Martyn...now, like Chux said...to the backlog.... :C

:cool20:

Martyn
05-05-05, 12:59 PM
...now, like Chux said...to the backlog....

Yeah, sorry about that guys. :rolleye11 :scared11: :ashamed01

Stew
05-05-05, 04:51 PM
Thanks.

Just hope I can remember everyone I need to feedback on!

tomtom
05-05-05, 04:54 PM
dito.. got to remember who i need to rate!

Danzo
05-05-05, 05:08 PM
Incoming PMs, Duck and Cover!

INCOMING PM'S!!!!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!!!!!!!!!

:O

Danzo

Stew
05-05-05, 05:09 PM
Thanks.

Just hope I can remember everyone I need to feedback on!

I think I've got everyone but I'm just not sure what I've bought in the last however many months.

If I've bought/sold anything off anyone and I haven't left you feedback please give me a nudge)
(I've got Danzo, Basemetal, Buckshot and Andy on my list already)

Danzo
05-05-05, 05:12 PM
Same with me. I'll get on to it but if you haven't had feedback in a few days send me a PM.

Danzo

Tiffers
05-05-05, 05:13 PM
Brilliant!! One question though, is it possible to give a trader rating to someone without quoting a thread? For example, Lord F made a knife for me as a result of my joining this forum. Most of our transaction was done via PM's. I'd like to make people aware of how I feel about this (excellant!) exchange.

Tiffers

Stew
05-05-05, 05:18 PM
Brilliant!! One question though, is it possible to give a trader rating to someone without quoting a thread? For example, Lord F made a knife for me as a result of my joining this forum. Most of our transaction was done via PM's. I'd like to make people aware of how I feel about this (excellant!) exchange.

Tiffers

Yes.
Just write something else in the bit where you would put the thread url. (ie Private knife deal)

Tiffers
05-05-05, 05:26 PM
Yes.
Just write something else in the bit where you would put the thread url. (ie Private knife deal)

Brilliant!! Thanks!

Tiffers

Martyn
05-05-05, 05:39 PM
Yes.

Whoa, sorry this is not acceptable.

It says "url required" because the url is required. You may be able to fudge the system, but any rating left like that will be deleted. Why? Because the thread is PROOF that the trade occured. Without a URL there is no proof that a trade actuially took place and therefore nbo way of knowing if you are just artificially hiking up your mates trader ratings.

If anyone does this, the rating will be deleted and they'll get -ve rep points from me for trying to ream the system, so dont do it. ;)

Andy
05-05-05, 06:07 PM
ahhh, I missed that when sorting out people from the group buy I did. Is there any way I can correct my mistake?

Danzo
05-05-05, 06:31 PM

It says "url required" because the url is required. You may be able to fudge the system, but any rating left like that will be deleted. Why? Because the thread is PROOF that the trade occured. Without a URL there is no proof that a trade actuially took place and therefore nbo way of knowing if you are just artificially hiking up your mates trader ratings.

If anyone does this, the rating will be deleted and they'll get -ve rep points from me for trying to ream the system, so dont do it. ;)

Okey dokey, I've just sent off the rep points to get them logged but I will dig out the URLs.

Danzo

Martyn
05-05-05, 06:36 PM
You might have problems now Danzo, I've hard coded the rating system to require a url. You might have difficulty changing it. Andy, I've deleted all your repees ratings that didn't have urls attached. Sorry mate, looks like you'll have to do it again.

Sorry guys, but it's very important that you provide a url, otherwise it's just too easy to screw it over and make the whole rating system pointless.

Basemetal
05-05-05, 06:37 PM
Just noticed it now shows up in every Forum.
Progress?
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared15.gif

Martyn
05-05-05, 07:40 PM
Just noticed it now shows up in every Forum.
Progress?
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared15.gif

No, that's the default. ;)

Tiffers
05-05-05, 11:13 PM
Martyn, can you please delete the ones I have left for Lord F and Danzo then please so I can redo them and try to work something out threadwise.

Thank you!

Tiffers

Martyn
06-05-05, 10:58 AM
Done, Tiffers.

Generallly to all: Please note, links to the sale MUST be britishblades sales. This feedback system is NOT for rating any trade that did not explicitly take place on BB. I dont care how much you like the person, or how satisfied you are, if the trade did not take place on these forums, you should NOT try to use the forum rating system.

Danzo
06-05-05, 11:10 AM
Done, Tiffers.

Generallly to all: Please note, links to the sale MUST be britishblades sales. This feedback system is NOT for rating any trade that did not explicitly take place on BB. I dont care how much you like the person, or how satisfied you are, if the trade did not take place on these forums, you should NOT try to use the forum rating system.

Is it OK to use the rep point system for feedback on other deals, Martyn?

Danzo

Martyn
06-05-05, 12:28 PM
Is it OK to use the rep point system for feedback on other deals, Martyn?

Danzo

Yeah, of course mate, you can use the rep point system for whatever you like. :)

The trader rating system needs to be quite strict though. It's supposed to give confidence (or caution) to people contemplating buying or selling stuff. It's no big deal for regulars who may be well aquainted with the seller/buyer, but it's of use particularly to new members. If we are going to run a system that gives confidence to financial transactions, then we need to have a tight control. Otherwise it would be pointless and in fact could do more harm than good.

Stew
06-05-05, 04:46 PM

Sorry!!

I guess I just didn't think about the possiblity of people lying but you're quite right as it would be very easy to abuse otherwise.

Consider my wrist slapped! :rolleyes:

Danzo
06-05-05, 05:50 PM
Me to. Those of us who do a lot of dealings with each other perhaps don't think that, to Member 'A' with 12 posts and Member 'B' with eight posts, neither of whom has traded here, the rep system is much more than mates giving each other feedback, it's a vital way of checking the veracity of a member and of a potential deal.

Good call Martyn, sorry for jumping in and setting a bad example!

:banghead:

Danzo