• Nontron knife factory

Hey all,

just got back last night from a holiday to (mostly) sunny france!
    visited the knife factory in Nontron and thought you might like a look as they were kind enough to let me take some pics (sorry about the poor quality as always)

sam

just above the factory which is perched on what feels like the edge of a cliff

factory entrance (top floor was a sales room then the basement was where they produced the knives

where they work their magic!

display showing the stages of putting handles on the knives

a few of the showroom and displays

a few of the small pieces, and some smaller and then smaller still

lastly my purchase for the day, snakewood slipjoint, brought couple of simple kitchen knives as-well for veg etc but still haven't finished unpacking!

• Subscribe

Become a subscibing member by clicking the button below.

Subscribe
  • Sponsored Links..

• Sponsored Links...

• Recent Forum Activity

bonzodog

American traditional slip joints

Thread Starter: bonzodog

I know a few members here have a liking for these.Would you care to share,these a my small assembly.Had a bit of a sell off,new pictures added.

Last Post By: Hector Today, 08:31 AM Go to last post
    Dennis H

Enzo updates

Thread Starter: Dennis H

Some news and changes in the EnZo line: 1. EnZo Trapper 95 in O1, D2 and S30V will have a lower grind from 10.5 mm to 8.5 m, to strenghten the egde. Only D2 comes with bead blasted surface. 2. A new model EnZo Trapper 115 mm is under produktion. Scandi grind sandvik 12c27 steel. 3....

Last Post By: Dennis H Today, 05:56 PM Go to last post
    NJK Stachu

Nowodworski Knives & Jewellery

Thread Starter: NJK Stachu

hello everyone! Im from Poland and i meke some knives. I would like to show you some of my works! :) anyway, im glad to be here! ill start from this one: Dragonfish Steel : D2 around 60hrc Handle : ebony , buffalo horn , brass Sheath : leather dimensions : total length 23 cm , blade...

Last Post By: Wrangler Today, 11:46 AM Go to last post
    mirko

Mad Dog, Sebenza, 940-1, MSC SNG, Dwyer, NIRVANA

Thread Starter: mirko

bump

Last Post By: mirko Yesterday, 11:46 PM Go to last post
    hellize

The headhunter

Thread Starter: hellize

Greetings, At the dawn of human consciousness, when civilization as we know it today, was merely a dream, savagery and ruthlessness were the only means of survival. In those times strength and blood meant everything. These were the standards of which a man was placed in the hierarchy of its...

Last Post By: hellize Today, 05:06 PM Go to last post
    mart1985

Any ideas guys

Thread Starter: mart1985

My wife wants to get me a knife for my birthday, I want a fixed blade knife, I want something for hunting and survival tasks, I'm also in the military so something for my belt gear and can take abuse, I was thinking about a Gerber strongarm, but not sure, nothing too expensive, thank you.

Last Post By: Paul W Today, 02:54 AM Go to last post
    white tiger

San Antonio Bowie in 0-1 and Sambar stag

Thread Starter: white tiger

Hello gents This style of Bowie is proving really popular I'm very pleased to say. The blade is 0-1 tool steel, 10" long, 1 9/16" wide, just shy of 1/4" thick at the ricsso and 15" long from butt to tip. The carbon steel hand guard has had the tips forged down to reduce their thickness and give...

Last Post By: Wrangler Today, 12:03 PM Go to last post
    New

First project - what to make?

Thread Starter: New

Hi All I am just getting started in knifemaking and picked up a damascus billet on ebay for a couple of quid. I am not sure what to make with it though. As it is just over 4mm thick, I suppose a bushcraft knife would be simplest, I guess it's too thick for a kitchen knife. But I do like the...

Last Post By: AJH_Knives Today, 06:02 PM Go to last post
    bendeneo

Newbie.... scrap metal question

Thread Starter: bendeneo

Hello all, I am new to this, and I will probably have to ask a number of questions.... apologies. A current question whilst I get my forge up to speed, and buy all the bits and pieces to complete it all..... is what sort of scrap metal would be suitable.... and I appreciate there are big...

Last Post By: Bugleone Today, 06:08 PM Go to last post
    bondy

A few Wildcamp pics

Thread Starter: bondy

here is a few pics from a few wild camps iv done thought you might like to see them. feel free to post any pics you might have . DSC_6047 by warren bond, on Flickr DSC_6006 by warren bond, on Flickr DSC_5942 by warren bond, on Flickr DSC_6094 by warren bond, on Flickr DSC_6019 by warren bond,...

Last Post By: grummit Today, 04:42 PM Go to last post
  • Alexa

Review britishblades.com on alexa.com