• Welcome RSS Feed

Welcome to BritishBlades.com
    Your forum for knives, knifemaking, tools and outdoor equipment.
    • Are you looking for knives and knife reviews?
    • Do you need help with a knifemaking project?
    • Are you a professional knifemaker?
    • Are you a collector of custom and high-end production knives?
    ...then you have come to the right place!

We will try to answer your questions and help you with your knifemaking adventures.

• Subscribe

Become a subscibing member by clicking the button below.

Subscribe
  • Sponsored Links..

• Sponsored Links...

• Recent Forum Activity

avoidspam

What EDC are you carrying today?

Thread Starter: avoidspam

Thought I'd give this a go. Sorry if it's been tried before but I quite like the version on the other side of the pond. Everyone gets a bit creative with their camera's... Plus it's a nice opportunity to see what's out there....:) Sam

Last Post By: ceri Today, 07:38 PM Go to last post
    Albert E

Birds,bugs etc,around us!!

Thread Starter: Albert E

Hi!!We all see and sometimes take pictures of animals around our house,or during our travel vacations!!Here some!!Maybe you have a few from your area too!! A mantis in my garden.

Last Post By: Albert E Today, 04:28 PM Go to last post
    bonzodog

American traditional slip joints

Thread Starter: bonzodog

I know a few members here have a liking for these.Would you care to share,these a my small assembly.Had a bit of a sell off,new pictures added.

Last Post By: Nursie Today, 09:17 AM Go to last post
    bashup

Grinder plans

Thread Starter: bashup

Here's the first of the plans for the grinder I built and took to Jack's hammerin. It's just a prototype but it seemed to work fine. I'll do a full build type thread in due course for anyone who's interested... Here's the tracking setup I used And an alternative which is simpler to...

Last Post By: Payman Today, 05:52 PM Go to last post
    snoopdong

Spyderco Urban BB EDITION

Thread Starter: snoopdong

Spyderco Urban BB EDITION The topic of a forum knife has been a long running matter on British Blades, and as a member of only a few years something that appeared to have shifted form over the years but with one constant: it was going to be a Spyderco. In late 2015 things started shifting...

Last Post By: maxus77 Today, 12:17 AM Go to last post
    R.Mainolfi

Pinecone

Thread Starter: R.Mainolfi

Hi Guys, here a drop point, it's one of the knives that I prepared for the ICCE Show (September 23 to 25) in Kansas City. The knife is in CPM154 mirror polished , and the handle is a beautiful stabilized pinecone .

Last Post By: R.Mainolfi Today, 07:04 AM Go to last post
    TAHAWK

Nordic puukko? horn and fur sheath with careving

Thread Starter: TAHAWK

That would be "carving." :O Got this one recently. The seller had no information about its source. The blade, as you see, has a slight clip and a swedge. The primary bevel seems narrow for a Finnish puukko. Examples of sheaths of bone or antler combined with leather are variously called,...

Last Post By: TAHAWK Today, 08:47 PM Go to last post
    Abyrvalg

Leuku or not?

Thread Starter: Abyrvalg

Don't really know if this knife can be called leuku... )) But anyways, this is collaborative project with Nova Scotian blade smith Rick Marchand, who forged this awesome blade. Steel is 52100 high carbon steel, addition of 1.5% chromium makes it less prone to rust than most of carbon steels...

Last Post By: Edvin Today, 08:35 AM Go to last post
    timgunn1962

Small forges

Thread Starter: timgunn1962

Once again I have been messing about with forges. Some years ago, I had put together a couple of coffee-can-style forges and took them to Jack's hammerin to see if they'd work. They basically comprised a length of 6 pipe with an end welded on, a lining of double wrapped 25mm/1 ceramic fibre...

Last Post By: timgunn1962 Today, 07:57 PM Go to last post
    white tiger

San Antonio Bowie in 0-1 and Sambar stag

Thread Starter: white tiger

Hello gents This style of Bowie is proving really popular I'm very pleased to say. The blade is 0-1 tool steel, 10" long, 1 9/16" wide, just shy of 1/4" thick at the ricsso and 15" long from butt to tip. The carbon steel hand guard has had the tips forged down to reduce their thickness and give...

Last Post By: mick spain Today, 06:16 PM Go to last post
  • Alexa

Review britishblades.com on alexa.com