• A range of Kukri types

Hi there,

When I first started looking into the world of kukri it was because I'd seen the promo for Cold Steel's version but thought to myself "no way am I spending that much on a kukri!". Oh the irony

So I eventually found myself at the Tora Blades website. I was amazed at the diversity of blade types and decided I'd like to get 12 different types. As they didn't have any in stock at the time and since I really don't need 12 user kukri's, I thought why not just get original pieces? They're superior in every way and the majority of them were less expensive than their modern replicas (though some were painfully expensive). Along the way I've picked up a number of additional pieces that caught my eye, but the kukri's below represent the best versions of the 12 pieces I originally set out to get.

To list them (starting top left working down):
    1) MKI
    2) WWI MKII
    3) WWII M43 MKII
    4) WWII MKII
    5) WWI Battalion style
    6) WWII Military Sirupate
    7) Lambendh or as they called it at that time "Chhetri"
    8 ) Looks like what they called a "Military Chhetri"
    9) Royal Nepalese Army Longleaf or "G.A.K"
    10) Dui Chirra
    11) WWI Ang Khola
    12) WWII Ang Khola

Of course there are still one or two other pieces I'd like to add to my collection, but for the time being I'm feeling a sense of completion (let's see how long it lasts ).

Anyway, I just wanted to share the photo really
    This article was originally published in forum thread: A range of Kukri types started by SilverJohn View original post
  • Subscribe

Become a subscibing member by clicking the button below.

Subscribe
  • Sponsored Links..

• Sponsored Links...

• Recent Forum Activity

avoidspam

What EDC are you carrying today?

Thread Starter: avoidspam

Thought I'd give this a go. Sorry if it's been tried before but I quite like the version on the other side of the pond. Everyone gets a bit creative with their camera's... Plus it's a nice opportunity to see what's out there....:) Sam

Last Post By: Noddy Today, 08:02 PM Go to last post
    Albert E

Birds,bugs etc,around us!!

Thread Starter: Albert E

Hi!!We all see and sometimes take pictures of animals around our house,or during our travel vacations!!Here some!!Maybe you have a few from your area too!! A mantis in my garden.

Last Post By: Albert E Today, 07:28 PM Go to last post
    Cronos

Cronos Handmade Knives

Thread Starter: Cronos

Hello everyone! My name is Dawid (David), I'm from a small village in southwest Poland. I've dealt knives from 2009 year, and I am part-time knifemaker. In my work I use various stylistic form (I like both traditional and modern materials) because I try not to limit my knives to one style. I...

Last Post By: Cronos Today, 05:57 PM Go to last post
    Chui

AdV - 'THE BUTCHER'

Thread Starter: Chui

Andre de Villiers - what a gent, what a superquick gent. A gentle to-ing and fro-ing by email and a nice chinwag on the phone, and hey presto - three very happy guys in UK. I am not a tactical folder person, however, when first clapping eyes on The Butcher, you got to admit, it is a bit...

Last Post By: Nice65 Today, 05:23 PM Go to last post
    Noddy

Para 3

Thread Starter: Noddy

A devotee of the Para 1, I hopped up and down like the Mad Monk about the Para 2, only to find myself pretty savagely disappointed by it when a first, then an improved second landed on the doormat. I often get wound up into an unreasonanble frenzy of enthusiasm about new Spydercos. I think they...

Last Post By: homesicksteve Today, 07:44 PM Go to last post
    STVaskov

my knives STV

Thread Starter: STVaskov

Hello , colleagues and I decided to do one a theme where to show my knive . I apologize for my spelling errors if there are small but use google translator

Last Post By: STVaskov Yesterday, 09:57 PM Go to last post
    Lupine

Commission. Modifications needed, quotes welcome.

Thread Starter: Lupine

Hi, I have a Busse Bushwacker Mistress, which came with the rather horrible coating they apply. Using stones and a small hand sander, Ive gotten the bulk off, but I dont have the tools, and its uneven, and I need a knifemaker with a belt grinder/polisher to finish it off for me. This is the...

Last Post By: Lupine Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    Andy

Saw advice wanted

Thread Starter: Andy

I've moved and now have a wood burning stove to feed and have bits of wood the the last owners collected (and now some scrap from some work being done across the road) Is a silky still a good option for this? I figured I'm likely to end up cutting random bits of dried and green wood in the future....

Last Post By: Andy Yesterday, 10:08 PM Go to last post
    Abyrvalg

Sami style knife "Woodsman"

Thread Starter: Abyrvalg

This one I made as a present for the person who is a real woodsman. This is why the name. Blade is hand forged by Belgian blade smith Alessio Salsi. It's zone hardened high carbon steel. Handle and sheath - roasted curly maple and reindeer antler. Sami style carving for decoration. As...

Last Post By: wil1hit Today, 12:46 AM Go to last post
    Firefly1

Cracking deals on Leatherman tools

Thread Starter: Firefly1

Hi All, Just got pinged by Torch Direct to have a shuffty at their other site ( www.multitool.co.uk ) and received a 25% off clearance coupon for that site. It enabled me to get a Leatherman Charge TTI for just short of 120 delivered:D Scroll down for more

Last Post By: umbracanis Today, 06:42 PM Go to last post
  • Alexa

Review britishblades.com on alexa.com