Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Microtech Assisted knives

The above Microtech's remind me of Rockstead or MOD knives very sleek lines

Microtech made some of the early MOD stuff , so the resemblance is understandable .

Chris

This is what my friend replied about assisted openers:

The knives we are making right now are the Halo, Scarab, Ultratech, UTX-85, UTX-70, Troodon, Combat Troodon, and we're about to launch the Nemesis. After the blade show, we're going to to launch the Socom D/A, which is a side opener that can be opened manually or as a push-button automatic, and is probably the closest thing to an assisted opener I've seen there. I'm not sure if we've ever really done any assisted openers come to think of it. Pretty much everything we do is in the switchblade category. I will bring it up to Tony tomorrow and ask him what he thinks about doing one. I'll let ya know. If it looks like he might go for it, then I'll talk to Mark (VP of sales) and get a dealer packet sent to you.
    Whoever dies with the most tools wins.......Now accepting donations.
    I buy old folding and fixed blade knives of all kinds. Especially Case. PM Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hoarder View Post
    This is what my friend replied about assisted openers:

The knives we are making right now are the Halo, Scarab, Ultratech, UTX-85, UTX-70, Troodon, Combat Troodon, and we're about to launch the Nemesis. After the blade show, we're going to to launch the Socom D/A, which is a side opener that can be opened manually or as a push-button automatic, and is probably the closest thing to an assisted opener I've seen there. I'm not sure if we've ever really done any assisted openers come to think of it. Pretty much everything we do is in the switchblade category. I will bring it up to Tony tomorrow and ask him what he thinks about doing one. I'll let ya know. If it looks like he might go for it, then I'll talk to Mark (VP of sales) and get a dealer packet sent to you.
    Cool thanks for the feedback, would be pretty good if they made an assisted given how good there other knives look they look to have very good tolerances and fit/finish from the pics and videos on youtube.

Kev

Thread Information