Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

BKCG Refund Issues Help Needed

Hello all i am new to this forum and joined after i typed in 'phone number for BKCG' into google and an old thread came up.

I ordered a few knives from BKCG in order to weigh them up and choose a couple to keep and send the others back having read about their 16 day no quibble refund. Unfortunately having returned all of the knives i am waiting even for confirmation that he has received the returned knives. I sent them Special delivery for insurance purposes and the Royal Mail have said they have delivered. He refuses to answer any emails and has no phone number? I was really hoping that someone on the forum may have a number for him which they would be willing to PM me, or some advice how to take this forwards. I don't want to get a solicitor involved but i will if necessary.

Regards

"Notification Alert: Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience." - Anonymous.

"Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But they are not entitled to their own facts.''

Re: BKCG Refund Issues Help Needed

Thanks ScotchDave for the links, you could have entitled your reply - look here stupid!
    I know about the awful service, i am in the middle of it right now. Does anyone have any sage advice other than keep pestering?

Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh, I think the advice is keep pestering and get the local trading standards branch involved if you can. A letter from them can work wonders.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Dave

P.S.

Why not e-mail bark river knives in the US, they may have a number for him...
    "Notification Alert: Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience." - Anonymous.

"Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But they are not entitled to their own facts.''

No problem. I will keep you all updated as it may well affect others again in the future as it has in the past. I am kicking myself as I usually do a bit of research if i haven't ordered from a website before. I got seduced by their website and products. It took an age to get delivered. I wrote an email cancelling the order two days before it got posted (obviously ignored) and now I have the battle of getting a refund for several knives (not a small number). On recommendations from here i then dealt with Olly from Heinnie and they were awesome didnt mind sending out several knives for me to choose between, arrived next day, returns accepted and back in my account within 24 hours of sending them back, excellent service all round, i know where i will be getting my knives from in future.

I decided on a Kershaw Red Blur folder and a Boker Savannah for a fixed blade (many) more to follow, birthday coming up.

banned

How did you pay? if you used Visa or Mastercard then open a dispute with them and let them do the dirty work

I paid on a Visa debit card does that work the same?

banned

Yep, should still be covered, just give your bank a call

Ok thanks i will give them a call.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyandJack View Post
    It took an age to get delivered. I wrote an email cancelling the order two days before it got posted (obviously ignored) and now I have the battle of getting a refund for several knives (not a small number).
    I went through the same thing. They took three weeks to even acknowledge my order and I cancelled (there is no need for three week delivery in this day and age, it just isn't on). They ignored my cancellation and shipped the knife out three days later.

On the contrary... with regard to the debit card question...
    Using your debit card doesn’t offer the same protection that credit cards do, (so always use a credit card if you can).

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974 provides extra legal protection when you buy goods or services costing 100 or more on your credit card. The credit card company becomes jointly responsible with the supplier if the goods are faulty or improperly described or the service you receive doesn’t live up to what it advertises. It allows you to claim against the credit card company if the supplier has gone bankrupt.
    The protection only applies to credit cards such as Visa or Mastercard and not to charge cards where the balance has to be paid in full each month, and not to debit cards.
    Last edited by Basemetal; 16-07-10 at 01:13 PM.
    " I never said that." Albert Einstein.

JonathanD what was the eventual outcome, did you return the knife for a refund, or keep it?

Thanks Basemetal that's what I thought.

' I simply wrote Bugger......'

You've still every chance of getting sorted out though...eventually ...

In the past I've made returns to BKCG, and not had problems. It's more a case of poor service than dishonesty, and should come out eventually.

Good luck,
    Danny

banned

You can still contest through your bank. They will send you a form to fill in and it should be resolved within 28 days. I've had a similar situation before for the sum of 29.99 for a pair of trainers that were sent out wrong and I was told to return for a full refund. No refund came so I opened a dispute and it was resolved within weeks.

Yup - that's akin to stopping a cheque. The difference is the bank has no responsibility or part in the contract if the dispute is not resolved with the retailer or, eg, if the retailer goes bankrupt.

Thread Information