Thread: Posting to swap

Posting to swap

Hi there,

Can someone please advise me? I know I can't post to sell anything due to my low amount of posts but am I ok to post something to swap?

Many thanks

Rawstron1

Re: Posting to swap

Quote Originally Posted by Rawstron1 View Post
    Hi there,

Can someone please advise me? I know I can't post to sell anything due to my low amount of posts but am I ok to post something to swap?

Many thanks

Rawstron1
    Hi,
    Brief soundings with other Staff here suggests that it will be seen in the same light as selling - i.e. you need 100 posts or to subscribe.
    I think the issue is that if not you, then others will put up swaps and be covertly offered a swap for Paypal tokens or the like.
    One of the reasons we have the 100 post / Subscribe thing is to protect both buyers and sellers and that in order to be fair and secure it should probably apply to those seeking swaps too.

Edited to say that I've just had a look at your profile and you have already collected two infractions for trying to sell here without the requisite number of posts or subscribing.
    Nice try matey, but please don't try my patience and good nature again
    Last edited by Beachlover; 30-01-12 at 09:50 PM.

That's not a very pleasant reply I'm afraid to say. I posted openly and honestly on the rules forum to ask nicely for advice and have no problem in sticking to the rules.

The infractions that you mention were actually given about four years ago and if you look carefully you will see that two different mods actually gave me infractions for the same thing without realizing one had already been given. A bit like having two fines for the same parking ticket.

When I got the infraction I was fairly new to the site, hadn't sold anything before and wasn't aware I was doing anythingwrong until I was told. It's a real shame that people don't have a little more trust in the world. I'm not inflammatory, racist, offensive or insulting to anybody and posted for advice. What a shame you would treat someone with such disdain when I actually thought I was going through the correct channels.

That's not a very pleasant reply I'm afraid to say. I posted openly and honestly on the rules forum to ask nicely for advice and have no problem in sticking to the rules.

The infractions that you mention were actually given about four years ago and if you look carefully you will see that two different mods actually gave me infractions for the same thing without realizing one had already been given. A bit like having two fines for the same parking ticket.

When I got the infraction I was fairly new to the site, hadn't sold anything before and wasn't aware I was doing anythingwrong until I was told. It's a real shame that people don't have a little more trust in the world. I'm not inflammatory, racist, offensive or insulting to anybody and posted for advice. What a shame you would treat someone with such disdain when I actually thought I was going through the correct channels.
    I'm so sorry you feel badly treated.
    You have been here for four years, managed 50 posts despite wanting to sell and getting captured for trying (albeit by two mods at the same time) and then tip up again today wondering if you can swap or trade instead and wonder why I might think you are trying it on through a loophole you think you may have found.
    I'm delighted to the extreme that you are not a racist, but I'd argue over whether your last post is inflammatory or bordering on insulting my intelligence.
    The simple answer, that I should have posted instead of bothering to elaborate is....
    No you can't trade or swap until you pay up or manage 100 posts, which in your case unless you pay up is likely to be in 2016.
    Thanks for popping in.

Thank you very much for the clarification Martyn. It's not an insult to your intelligence. I'm not trying to find a loophole- I just posted to ask a polite and courteous question. Seeing as though it is acceptable for me to buy I wondered if it was ok for me to swap....I wasn't sure if it was some kind of trading law I was naive about.

If you think it's an insult to your intelligence then I think that says more about you and your cynicism and lack of faith and trust in human nature rather than me and what you are implying is my deceitfulness. I've met a lot of very nice, pleasant people through BB, despite your suggestion that my lack of frequent posts is a somewhat lax and violable offence. I wasn't aware that I had to fulfill a certain quota of posts per annum to be considered accepted here.

All you had to do was simply say, plainly and simply, that I couldn't swap. Thank you for clearing that up in your previous post.
    estions that my half century of posts is

I wanted to ask about swooping an item - large for smaller in my case - but the above is very clear?
    Where do I find out how many posts I have made, please?

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    I wanted to ask about swooping an item - large for smaller in my case - but the above is very clear?
    Where do I find out how many posts I have made, please?
    The box to the left of your post has a section labelled "Posts", the number in that box is the number of posts you have made.
    Mike.

Semper Vigilans

VIP Member

I've had more swaps go wrong (on other forums I might add) than sales - I think the rule is a sensible one
    Mess with nature at your peril for you are small and biodegradable

Maker

Thank you very much for the clarification Martyn. It's not an insult to your intelligence. I'm not trying to find a loophole- I just posted to ask a polite and courteous question. Seeing as though it is acceptable for me to buy I wondered if it was ok for me to swap....I wasn't sure if it was some kind of trading law I was naive about.

If you think it's an insult to your intelligence then I think that says more about you and your cynicism and lack of faith and trust in human nature rather than me and what you are implying is my deceitfulness. I've met a lot of very nice, pleasant people through BB, despite your suggestion that my lack of frequent posts is a somewhat lax and violable offence. I wasn't aware that I had to fulfill a certain quota of posts per annum to be considered accepted here. All you had to do was simply say, plainly and simply, that I couldn't swap. Thank you for clearing that up in your previous post.
    estions that my half century of posts is
    If i'd known someone for over 4 years and in all that time they'd only said 50 words to me or anyone else in my social circle,
    1) I'd fall off my chair if they did actually say something
    2) I'd take what they said with a pinch of salt.

Effectively, you've been eavesdropping on other peoples conversations for 4 years and then when you finally open your mouth it's to ask "Where can I get, how can I aquire?" Real human communication doesn't really work that way. You've probably written more about how you've been offended by someone being suspicious of your "secretive nature" than you've spent saying hello to anyone here.

BTW, His name's not Martyn.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
    My homepage www.tanczos.co.uk
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tanczo...36677856352024
    Maker/Member of the KMA

Purpose served; thread closed.
    Mike.

Semper Vigilans

Thread Information