Swedish Snow Smock any color You want.

I posted a Heads Up to these smocks a while ago Here
    I noticed the seller also sells dyed versions of these and they go for quite a lot compared to the plain version
    So I thought I'd try My hand at dying one
    Dylon machine wash dye very very easy to do!!!

From this...

To this...

I'm very happy with the result and I think I'll get some more to dye other colors

Great quality smock at a great price
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Re: Swedish Snow Smock any color You want.

no hiding in the woods for you anymore! good coloring overall. does the color fade over time?

Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Oane View Post
    no hiding in the woods for you anymore! good coloring overall. does the color fade over time?
    I've used Dylon many a time and have found that for a couple of washes you get a bit wash out but once it's stabilised it really doesn't fade noticebly.

VIP Member

Tried it in the past cant seem to dye the thread though and the dye dried the smock out so much it seemed to get brittle - shame as I realy liked my grey one
    Mess with nature at your peril for you are small and biodegradable

Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Tried it in the past cant seem to dye the thread though and the dye dried the smock out so much it seemed to get brittle - shame as I realy liked my grey one
    That will be because it was nylon thread, that's a problem I have had in the past as you're never quite sure whether it's cotton or nylon thread. I did get hold of something that dyed the thread as well but at the moment I can't for the life of me think what it was! Never had anything go brittle before though, sometimes a bit stiff but once the dye had stabilised and it had been washed a couple of times that all went a way. I've done a lot of shemaghs with Dylon and never had any problems with stiffness or brittleness and as they tend to be round your neck and face I would have thought that would have made anything like that even more noticeable. Odd

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    These are all cotton so the thread dye's easily
    The smock is older than me but looks brand new
    I'm thinking of getting another to dye grey...
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happymoose View Post
    That will be because it was nylon thread, that's a problem I have had in the past as you're never quite sure whether it's cotton or nylon thread. I did get hold of something that dyed the thread as well but at the moment I can't for the life of me think what it was! Never had anything go brittle before though, sometimes a bit stiff but once the dye had stabilised and it had been washed a couple of times that all went a way. I've done a lot of shemaghs with Dylon and never had any problems with stiffness or brittleness and as they tend to be round your neck and face I would have thought that would have made anything like that even more noticeable. Odd
    Have you tried sticking it in a tumble dryer? Works great with towels and they go from being a rough bit of material to something soft and fluffy!

VIP Member

Like that alot , you've done a right good job there.
    'His knife see rustic Labour dight, An' cut ye up wi' ready slight, Trenching your gushing entrails bright, Like onie ditch;
    And then, O what a glorious sight, Warm-reeking, rich!' ..................Robert burns extract from the address to a haggis.

VIP Member

oooh urban camo tie die has got to be tried

Quote Originally Posted by Richie'66 View Post
    Like that alot , you've done a right good job there.
    Cheers mate I'm well pleased with the result

Quote Originally Posted by Chastiser View Post
    oooh urban camo tie die has got to be tried
    Hmmm that could work...Dyed grey with off white stripes/swirls

Thread Information