Thread: Euro-Knife?

VIP Member

Euro-Knife?

Hi, does anyone buy regularly from these?

They're prices seem cheaper than anywhere on the web.

www.euro-knife.com

They are based in Slovakia, an EU country, so in theory anyone ordering from the UK should not receive any additional taxes from customs.

However in their terms and conditions it states that they are not VAT registered.

So Im assuming that VAT will be applied as soon as it enters the UK?

What do you think?

VIP Member

Re: Euro-Knife?

Be very careful what you pop in your cart, I foresee a world of pain for the unwary/chancer?
    "How the hell did I end up with all this stuff???? "

VIP Member

Yes, well, I agree, looks too good to be true and all that....

But just wondered if anyone had first hand experience?
    Last edited by Lupine; 16-06-15 at 05:04 PM.

If you make an order use paypal, that way you are insured if nothing arrives...

VIP Member

Ok I'll be the guinea pig ... I've just ordered a Victorinox Day Packer in red and payed by PayPal.

Received the normal 'Thank you for your order' and 'Your order status' emails from Euro-Knife plus email from PayPal ... Seems all as you would expect up to now.

I'll update as and when or if it arrives or if it doesn't ...

Frank

It's curious that they say they are not VAT registered, unless they are a start up company and they have yet to reach Slovakia's threshold for mandatory VAT registration (UK is 82k for this tax year). In any case VAT will have been paid when they bought the knives from a distributor. VAT is added, claimed back, added...... along the retail chain. Since VAT is already added (or not in this case cos it's been paid in Slovenia and will not be reclaimed by Euro knife) at the point of purchase in any EU state (unless you have a VAT no - but that's not relevant here) you are not liable for any further VAT as it enters the UK.

Sorry if I'd have had longer I'd have given a shorter answer ....No you won't pay VAT

....and as onno advises, your money is safe with Paypal.
    'Never forget that everything Hitler did was legal' - Martin Luther King Jnr. - letter from a Birmingham Alabama jail, 1963.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by frank1ss1mo View Post
    Ok I'll be the guinea pig ... I've just ordered a Victorinox Day Packer in red and payed by PayPal.

Received the normal 'Thank you for your order' and 'Your order status' emails from Euro-Knife plus email from PayPal ... Seems all as you would expect up to now.

Frank
    Nice one Frank, I hope all goes well for you.

VIP Member

If you pay with a credit card you should be protected too

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hossballs View Post
    It's curious that they say they are not VAT registered, unless they are a start up company and they have yet to reach Slovakia's threshold for mandatory VAT registration (UK is 82k for this tax year). In any case VAT will have been paid when they bought the knives from a distributor. VAT is added, claimed back, added...... along the retail chain. Since VAT is already added (or not in this case cos it's been paid in Slovenia and will not be reclaimed by Euro knife) at the point of purchase in any EU state (unless you have a VAT no - but that's not relevant here) you are not liable for any further VAT as it enters the UK.

Sorry if I'd have had longer I'd have given a shorter answer ....No you won't pay VAT

....and as onno advises, your money is safe with Paypal.
    Thats pretty much what I figured. The VAT limit in slovakia is a lot lower than ours, and as they are part of the EU, when it enters the UK, customs should not add any VAT.

Ive paid on a credit card, which is safer than paypal.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by frank1ss1mo View Post

Frank
    Interested to know how this goes for you Frank as they've a Fallkniven BS1 for a good price I'm interested in. Hope yours arrives soon.

VIP Member

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by waves View Post
    Interested to know how this goes for you Frank as they've a Fallkniven BS1 for a good price I'm interested in. Hope yours arrives soon.
    Ok ... An update:

I ordered a 'Swiss Army Knife - Victorinox EcoLine Budding Knife 3.9010 in Red on the 17/06/15 ... (Not an ususual knife but I've never been able to get hold of one in red) ... and as stated received the usual "Your order has been confirmed" Email.

29/06/15 "Your order is been handled" Email.
    29/06/15 "Your order has been shipped" Email.

03/07/15 Item received and all as should be ...

So it would seem they are legit but don't necessarily hold all the stock themselves. I've had this before when I ordered a more 'excotic' knife from a German company - It took them 3 months before they admitted they couldn't locate one.

So seems Ok for easy to locate knives but I wouldn't hold out much hope for a harder to find item.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth, and isn't really conclusive either way I know but Yes, they delivered this time. Hope this helps ...

Frank

VIP Member

Thanks Frank, good info glad you got your sak too.

Cheers

Maker

Hi Chaps
    Just been looking at this old thread, anyone else made a purchase from EURO KNIFE?
    I'm looking for a Tops Silent Hero, and am in Spain, my problem is the import charges from the US puts the knife way to expensive, I have looked at Hennies but the want 260 plus shipping and its the old model with the the "rocky road" scales and I am after the new smooth grip 02 version.

Thread Information