Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I modified my first knife today....

Quote Originally Posted by RBR View Post
    The only thing I'm missing here on BB really, is a little corner reserved for those! I don't wanna be ludicrous and post those under custom made!!??
    Seconded on that one! Wonder how many brain waves resulting in great mods, improvisations, tweaks, and improvements we're all missing out on because they don't quite fit a certain category...

Red Card

Quote Originally Posted by RockPaperKnife View Post
    Seconded on that one! Wonder how many brain waves resulting in great mods, improvisations, tweaks, and improvements we're all missing out on because they don't quite fit a certain category...
    Members Projects. It's for...members projects.

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...mbers-Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Nice65 View Post
    Members Projects. It's for...members projects.
    Well....don't i look silly. Cheers, as always Rich

I like modifying slip joints as well ... a couple things I have done:

- Case Saddlehorn - I took the end off the peculiar shaped secondary blade and made it into a sheepsfoot.
    - Case medium Stockman - I ground the spey blade and made it into a pen blade.
    - Case large Trapper - I took the end off the large spey blade and made it into a sheepsfoot - tricky part was I had to create a nail nick - did this with a drill press & dremel grinding wheel.

-

VIP Member

...and now I've widened one of the holes in the scales, drilled the blade and made a lanyard pin to fit. It now locks up rock solid should I wish it .
    Looks very second hand though lol

VIP Member

Strange I should run across this thread, having just done my first mod myself. Bought a Kershaw 3840 Freefall at our local Tractor Supply off the bargain bench, thinking it would have the same point(which is enclosed in plastic in the box) as the last one. Turned out it was a Tanto style, which I've no particular use for; although I understand why the Japanese did. Said the heck with it and stuck it on the grinder and modified it into a drop point; which came out rather well I thought. Because this model has a slight belly to it, it has a Roach Belly look to it. Also on the plus side, since the tanto point portion came flat ground I ended up with a re-enforced tip. I kind of like how it turned out.

Joel C. Bolden
    Halfmoon Knives
    Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...201/?start=all
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...202/?start=all

Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by joelbolden View Post
    Strange I should run across this thread, having just done my first mod myself. Bought a Kershaw 3840 Freefall at our local Tractor Supply off the bargain bench, thinking it would have the same point(which is enclosed in plastic in the box) as the last one. Turned out it was a Tanto style, which I've no particular use for; although I understand why the Japanese did. Said the heck with it and stuck it on the grinder and modified it into a drop point; which came out rather well I thought. Because this model has a slight belly to it, it has a Roach Belly look to it. Also on the plus side, since the tanto point portion came flat ground I ended up with a re-enforced tip. I kind of like how it turned out.

Nice

Thread Information