Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member

Re: Little big tents

Thanks. I do like the two porches - his and hers ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
    Not so little but a classic...
    I'm 6' 2" and went off for a long (wet) weekend camping camping with my wife in an F10. The lack of space nearly drove me mad. I bought a modern design three man tent the following week. It saved my sanity and our marriage. Modern designs are way better planned space-wise.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by minds_eye View Post
    Thanks. I do like the two porches - his and hers ^_^
    I've used tents with 2 doors and vestibules and they work really well. Really nice not having to clamber down to one end to access your gear, and easy to keep the 'inside' nice and organised.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts" -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

VIP Member

Thanks peeps.

At the moment, I'm sort of torn between the idea of a porch in the sense I'm used to (like the hoolie or or halo) or having something like the Omega which has a porch with some 'living space' as such. Looks like the Hoolie 3 ETC would be a good compromise, if going the Wild Country route.

VIP Member

This thread sent me off looking at what's new in the tent world, after a huge tour I ended up finding the Hilleberg site, the models aren't new but I really like the deign of the Hilleberg Nammatj 2 and 3, it seems to tick the boxes with a good porch, light, reasonable head height and very stable - lots of videos of it in snow and 60 mph winds - the big but is it's prohibitively expensive over 900!

https://www.tauntonleisure.com/hille...ootprint/p9623
    Last edited by Aliwren; 12-02-17 at 05:41 PM.

VIP Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Wild Country Zephyros 3 Living Tent?

The Terra Nova site seems to be down at the mo, but simply hike have the details and a vid - https://www.simplyhike.co.uk/product...ivingTent.aspx

Seems to have a reasonable pack size, a decent sized porch, rear section, and weighs relatively little. It's also rather tall.

VIP Member

Just in case you missed the heads up thread -

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/sale/?pa...yword&category
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts" -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

VIP Member

Aye, thanks buddy. That's what got me looking again ^_^

VIP Member

Thanks peeps.

At the moment, I'm sort of torn between the idea of a porch in the sense I'm used to (like the hoolie or or halo) or having something like the Omega which has a porch with some 'living space' as such. Looks like the Hoolie 3 ETC would be a good compromise, if going the Wild Country route.
    The porch on the Omega 350 certainly offers enough living space for two, it came in really handy for sheltering and cooking in one weekend, the porch area on my mates tent were barely big enough for a rucksack and stove.

http://us.hilleberg.com/EN/tent/2-person-tents/

You'll squeek at the prices.

But the Nammatj and the Staika held me in rapt attention for exactly what you are talking about. Mind, for the actual practice of car camping it tend to go tarp crazy over an area and not care that much about the quality of the tent

VIP Member

I dont suppose anyone has experience with the seconds Terra Nova offer do they?

I called to enquire and was told they're not under warranty and they couldn't tell me why it was a second, which was a little disconcerting.

I dont suppose anyone has experience with the seconds Terra Nova offer do they?

I called to enquire and was told they're not under warranty and they couldn't tell me why it was a second, which was a little disconcerting.
    I've bought a couple and so has my brother. All have been pretty much as new. These were either A or B graded seconds. I bought a Zephyros 2 a fortnight ago and I can't see how it was anything but new and that was a grade B. My other grade B is an Etesian 4 I bought two years ago and again apart from a bit of dirt on the groundsheet and a bit of dust inside, it was like new and is going strong after some really wet and windy weekends.

VIP Member

Thanks chief. They've got a Hoolie 3 ETC second which ticks a lot of the boxes I was after.

VIP Member

Thanks chief. They've got a Hoolie 3 ETC second which ticks a lot of the boxes I was after.
    Bite the bullet?

VIP Member

Aye. Put it past the missus and she approved the Hoolie 3 ETC

Thread Information