Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some stuff

VIP Member

Re: Need some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
    How about a Skinth Solutions pouch for brights & sharps etc...
    I have the M7 Toollet...well made and well priced

Linky

PS...1 more post and it's the number of the beast for you Jase

Cheers Doc, better do a comp then lol, just bought a Harman Kardon Soundsticks III , been after one for ages...............

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Cheers Doc, better do a comp then lol, just bought a Harman Kardon Soundsticks III , been after one for ages...............
    Unusual but quite cool...hope you got a good deal
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
    Unusual but quite cool...hope you got a good deal

Yep

VIP Member

I get lengths of leather belt from either the BHV (Bazar de l'hôtel de ville, a department store) or from my leather supplier, with press-stud fasteners so I can change the buckle whenever I want. Plain leather, no stictching; a belt lasts easily ten years and I've got some I've been wearing for twenty years.

I replaced the laces on my arctic boots with 550 paracord. It is too thick to go through the eyelets on my everyday boots, sadly, or I would use it for them, too.
    Last edited by keith_beef; 16-04-17 at 08:15 PM.
    Keith.
    --
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Had 4 over the years 3 1200s and 1 1100 , thought they were a bit old manly back in the day and went thru Gpz900s , FZR1000s and GSXR1100s etc when I rode like my ass was on fire , but this one is a good un, motor is a peach, has had the Thunderace wheel conversion to 17" ers and a FJR exhaust system fitted, FAF and handles with it ...
    Similar bike history to myself, I had the Gpz750 Turbo though, test rode the FZR but preferred the GSXR so I bought that.

They were all pretty fine bikes back then mind, it's just amazing how things have moved on in the last 30 years or so, not that I could stand the riding position/seat on these modern sports bikes for long.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    Similar bike history to myself, I had the Gpz750 Turbo though, test rode the FZR but preferred the GSXR so I bought that.

They were all pretty fine bikes back then mind, it's just amazing how things have moved on in the last 30 years or so, not that I could stand the riding position/seat on these modern sports bikes for long.
    Loved my Turbo , the standard looking one , looked standard but had the waste-gate spring tightened so it shut later so higher boost, would lift the front wheel in third just by twisting the throttle and hit 160 on a autobahn... so a bit quicker than standard lol, never had a problem with the so called bad handling tho , showed a clean pair of heels to most newer sportsbikes.

And this one handled like a dream (1100K) despite it being considered a rubbish handling bike...........right up to the time it tried to kill me....

Used to be really into my bikes, and often had 2 or 3 at a time ( the FJ is number 60), made the mistake of working out what they would be worth now

3 or 4 aircooled RDs and LCs , the turbo , Gpzs of all sorts plus AP50s FS1Es etc..... all go for silly money these days....

VIP Member

Aye, the RD350LC were kind of my first 'powerful' bike, occasionally I see them come up on ebay etc, silly money you are right.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    Aye, the RD350LC were kind of my first 'powerful' bike, occasionally I see them come up on ebay etc, silly money you are right.
    Yep , they have one in my local shop , YPVS version wants £3500 , I paid £100 for my last one , non runner just needed the carbs cleaning

Then theres the RD250DX I sold for £50 in the late 80s for pub money lol, ......

Thread Information