Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Account Closed

Re: Serious Warning about Lasers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon2472 View Post
    i was once given the instructions to make a laser that apparently would put a visable dot on the moon (through a super duper telescope ofc ) i decided agains it when the police officer who told me, also told me he was booted from the R A F for leaving a theoretical programme instaled in a helicopters auto pilot to make it do a barrel roll.....imagine the pilots surprise may or may not have all been bovine doodoo ofc lol
    DVD re-writer,s and playstation lasers all have the power to ignite the afformentioned objects ))blue in colour)) the ones for guns are mostly harmless to anything but eyes ofc strange how red ones are the least dangerous
    if your ever in a position to get shot by special forces and you se a red laser on your chest open the window and poke your tounge at the guy if its a green one say goodby to anyone you love very very quickly lol
    how old are you?

VIP Member

Beer covered in oil?

"Small, fat bear" All images and text . All rights reserved. ZDP-189 on Slingshotforum.com

Account Closed

sounds like a child, speaks like a child....

banned

Interesting post, I'll be much more careful with lasers after reading this one!

Administrator

The reason for red lasers being "least dangerous" is 2 fold.

1, Red lasers are usually less powerful than green ones. Most laser spotting scopes use approx 5mW, where as the green versions use 20-25 mW.
    2, The eyes (retina) is more sensitive to light in the green spectrum. This is why when using a red & green laser of the same power, the green will appear to be much brighter. Depending on the exact wavelengths used, this difference can appear to be as much as 5X in favour of the green.
    Quoth the server: "404."

VIP Member

Pfft. Green lasers are so 2007.

BLUE lasers are where it's at now http://www.bestofferbuy.com/50mw-Blu...campaign=gbase

I don't who else is worried by these but I certainly am- blue light (particularly with side order of powerful UV) can be very damaging to the human retina. In this focused, coherent, form it really doesn't bare thinking about

Administrator

Meh.
    It s OK if you want a toy to play with.

Real men have Copper Bromide lasers.

Or if you want really scary..........................
    Quoth the server: "404."

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYLASER View Post
    Meh.
    Or if you want really scary..........................
    That sex-pest beard is really rather scary....

I hate lasers!! Well, I don’t hate them, I’m just really scared of them, the thought of blinding myself for life over a quick glance terrifies me!!

In fact, last year, I visited Michigan State University for a few months on a 'collaborative project', most of the work involved shining lasers at experiments. These lasers were enormous, and very very very very bright… did I mention bright….

The main laser unit, worked by producing two beams simultaneously, one was visible, green, and had an intensity so that if you got your hand in the way, you would start to feel a definite warming sensation. The other beam that it produced as a result of making the green beam, was an invisible UV laser beam, or as I liked to call it, the death ray… unless you got something in the way, this thing was completely invisible, I used the green beam more often than not, so I used to block the UV one with a chunk of metal, the UV beam would actually burn the paint and surface of the metal when I blocked it!!

The worst part is, when you work with something long enough you get accustomed to it, so when they went wrong, Id ask the guy in charge, and he’d stroll in rip the top of the box off and look in to align the mirrors again or whatever, all the while, laser beams start to point upwards instead of being parallel to the table. Ugh, but it was towards the end when I had to pull off the protective covers myself and work on it that was the worst

Here is a picky of the green boy I snapped whilst working one day.

I have a few videos which I made to show my other half what I was working on, im sure I could dig them up…

Last edited by andrew_cc; 11-07-11 at 01:16 PM.

Thread Information