Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member

Re: Roselli Carpenter Review

Quote Originally Posted by TLM View Post

... they tend to lose one's knife (depending on the model).

TM
    I can see that would affect your view of things

I may be one of three people in the world who is lukewarm about the Roselli "Carpenter". I just can't get it to feel "right" in my hand and my hands are not that much larger than average. Many other Scandinavian and Finnish knives feel better to me and work better for me.

Two Roselli knives that I like much better are the "Hunter" and the "Grandfather" even though the handle of the latter is quite short. I find the "skinner" configuration of these knives' blades to be a good "general purpose" design for what I use sheath knives for. If one wants a sturdy sheath with a Roselli knife one can always choose the "Grandfather" with the wooden sheath. The sheath is a classic "hanger" sheath that, being wood, is "hell for stout". I can't imagine how a one could seriously damage this sheath while it is still on someone's person.

VIP Member

Sold a carpenter, and so had to buy a new one

Took a comparison shot against my mate's Hunter

You don't usually see the difference in the promo shots

Flippin 'eck Noddy that's a crackin' pic for sheer scale alone, I have a regular and an UHC carpenter and I think they're quite a handful, the Hunter must be a beast!... I must get one!
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

http://buzzardbushcraft.blogspot.com/

I have owned a UHC Hunter for about a year now. I use it as often as I can and have found it to be great all rounder. The blade has developed a patina. It is easy to sharpen and holds a good edge.

With regard to the sheath, Singteck designed, and made, a left handed sheath for me.
    I am very pleased with both knife and sheath.

I will probably buy the Carpenter when I go to The Gamefair at Kelmarsh Hall at Easter.

DaveB.

VIP Member

It is an innerestin knife and no mistake, lures. Big, but very useable and the handle allows for all sorts of manouvers I haven't held anything quite like it

My only reservation about the Hunter is the ricasso - just can't make it make sense.

I've had a Carpenter for about 5 months or so now and am very happy I got one! Plus for the £52.95 from http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/ it was a bargin.

The name of the knife fits perfectly as the blade is just great at carving. I really like the handle too, after a couple of hours of carving and my hand still feels as good as new. It was sharp out the box, but after a bit of work on my 800, 1200 and 6000 Japanese waterstones and then a good strop it was as sharp as I'd ever want, infact it just sliced through an old Hennie catalog I was about to bin like is want there.

So to the Sheath; Its a decent functional sheath, though it's a shame it dosen't have a big ehough belt loop, I tend to use a bit of paracord as a loop and tie it to my belt which seems to be working well. Mine is nice and tight, just as it was when I got it.

I wan't a big fan of the plain colour. So finally toady I dyed it with some Fiebing's British Tan and once dry used some of there leather balm on it. I'd say it looks alot better. A few photos:

I wonder what would happen if tentacles were involved…

Thread Information