Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

where to buy? (North star / woodlore)

Hi guys!

I've been reading the reviews on the WS woodlore and Bark River Northstar knives - I'd like to see about getting them on order - I've got the order form for the woodlore from WS's own site and will get that done today.

So far, I can only find the northstar on a site called 'knifeworks.com' (which has no images)... Is there any other site I can reference, or someone I can speak to / email directly? I'd like to see what the handle choices are at least...

I've used mostly Buck's in the past (have a hunter, skinner and a vanguard), but have recently been using a J-line Pukko which has been very good, although I find it has a tendency to slip in my hand a little when I'm trying to do careful work like carving a spoon...

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any help you can give on pointing me at a dealer for the Northstar!

Re: where to buy? (North star / woodlore)

Welcome to the forum, The Northstar Knife can be obtained from Out Door Supplies (ODS) who can be found in the "Dealer Sales" section of this forum there is an order thread for them there.

cheers

Graham.

Welcome to the forum,

You will see all the information in the 'Dealer Sales' forum (towards bottom of main page).

Us UK buyers have purchased the North Star via Outdoor Supplies. You will see Joe from Outdoor Supplies listed as use 'O.D.S'.

Drop him a personal email, or simply add a post at the end of the North Star thread.

You will also see many pictures posted by Mike Stewart who is essentially Bark River Knife and Tool.

You may also look up information on the North Star from an America Board called 'www.knifeforums.com'. They too have a dedicated Bark River Forum.

I know most of us ordered our North Stars back in August and have basically fulfilled the first production run. Although if you hurry and drop Joe a line you may be able to get one of his 'extra' knives which he ordered.

But my advice is 'hurry up'. There has been enormous interest in this fantastic knife both in the UK and the US.

I personally have two North Stars on order (delivery sometime soon). A North Star in Desert Ironwood Burl with Black Spacers and Mosaic Pins, and a second heavier duty one in Black and Tan G-10 with Red Spacers and mosaics.

I can hardly wait.......

Anyway, I hope this helps you out.
    Regards,

Rich Slaney

You can also source the Woodlore from www.raymears.com
    Regards,

Rich Slaney

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorgirl
    Hi guys!

I've been reading the reviews on the WS woodlore and Bark River Northstar knives - I'd like to see about getting them on order - I've got the order form for the woodlore from WS's own site and will get that done today.

So far, I can only find the northstar on a site called 'knifeworks.com' (which has no images)... Is there any other site I can reference, or someone I can speak to / email directly? I'd like to see what the handle choices are at least...

I've used mostly Buck's in the past (have a hunter, skinner and a vanguard), but have recently been using a J-line Pukko which has been very good, although I find it has a tendency to slip in my hand a little when I'm trying to do careful work like carving a spoon...

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any help you can give on pointing me at a dealer for the Northstar!
    You've come to the right place outdoorgirl, the sale of all the first batch of North Stars is being handled by joe Echols of Outdoor Suipplies (ODS) and done through this website.

North Star handle choices

North Star pictures

North Star order list

Oh, heck there's so much stuff... just go to the dealer sales forum and look for all the threads with "North Star" in the title.

I hope that helps.
    δxδp≥h/4π

banned

huh..what's a North Star.. never heard of it.. who is this Joe Echols..sounds like a evil computer virus that takes your money and only gives you back the oldest tool known to man..... Bark River? I've never seen a river of Bark....I have seen a river of logs though that had bark. None of them had knives or tools though.

:p

Drop me a email or a msg down in the dealer section and I'll be glad to help you out.

:thanks:

Cool!

I've been doing some more searching and had found the handle materials list, but not all of the pics that you linked, and hadn't been near the dealer section yet - guess I should've started there! <doh!>

Joe - I'll be right on over...

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Oh, and welcome to the forums ODG (can I call you ODG?).

You could also drop a "wanted" add into the classifieds for a woodlore knife. They're p[retty well liked, but you might find somone prepared to part with thiers. You never know.
    δxδp≥h/4π

Administrator
    Blog Entries

δxδp≥h/4π

banned

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn
    Oh, and welcome to the forums ODG (can I call you ODG?).

You could also drop a "wanted" add into the classifieds for a woodlore knife. They're p[retty well liked, but you might find somone prepared to part with thiers. You never know.
    I was waiting for those initials....

Administrator
    Blog Entries

δxδp≥h/4π

And if you like outdoor knives check out Shing offerings, brilliant knives and you arn't paying for a celeb endorsement as with some!
    Welcome by the way
    David

For all my BRK&T knives visit marblesknives.com in the good old USA they have most of the ranges on show with colour photographs and prices. Shipping is $25 average and the prices are cheap. Northstar are plentiful but there seems to be a run on orange handles which means most of them are out of stock. Beutiful knives by the way.

Just looked up the Northstar and they are $145 in the bushcraft/outdoor section of the brk&t section of marblesknives,com. beutiful hardwoods for the scales

banned

Quote Originally Posted by johnbeynon
    Just looked up the Northstar and they are $145 in the bushcraft/outdoor section of the brk&t section of marblesknives,com. beutiful hardwoods for the scales
    I'm the authorized Overseas Distributor for Bark River Knives. I handle all overseas sales in the UK and throughout Europe.

Thread Information