Imorting flick knives - still illegal!!

Ok, I can see there's a lot of posts about flick knives/gravity knives/switchblades, etc and about how you all seem to think it's illegal to import them.

The bad news: it is illegal!
    The good news: it's not illegal.... sort of! ...

I want to import a couple of Nato Military flick knives (cos they remind of my yoof! and yes they were still illegal then but let's not go there!).

So I did the sensible thing and rang Customs and Excise who directed me to the Home Office - Dangerous Weapons Dept (sounds like a cool job for someone!!) and I said consider the following:

If I import a flick knife in a kit form without the springs (so it can't be reassembled into a working flick knife) can I import it? And they've said 'yup. should be ok!' :beerchug:

So if you are a serious collector, not looking to do anything underhand, like trying to get a real, working flick-knife into the UK, then you won't have a problem. Why this topic is a big :nono: is a mystery to me. If it's not illegal then it's not illegal! mokin:
    Last edited by Ross; 25-10-04 at 05:34 PM.

VIP Member

Re: Imorting flick knives

So, you're importing a normal folding knife? and then 'manufacturing' an illegal weapon by adding the spring (and thus breaking the law). It is illegal, always has been and always will be.
    Ross

"The paranoid are merely those in full possession of the facts"

"Could it be because we choose not to identify with people who can only express themselves through rage and violence?"

Administrator

Why the constant discussion about importing auto's ?
    It's illegal and thats that.
    There are forums specifically for auto's and these discussions would be more appropriate there.
    The last thing we need on here is to draw the wrong sort of attention to our interests.

VIP Member

I did consider simply moving this thread but I'm going to lock it and leave it here to show people that its still not legal.
    Ross

"The paranoid are merely those in full possession of the facts"

"Could it be because we choose not to identify with people who can only express themselves through rage and violence?"

Thread Information