Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Let's See Your Pistols

So, in the "let's see your rifles" thread, Rapidboy suggested a pistol thread. And as we always listen to the mods on here, let's give RB what he wants! (As opposed to what he needs! )

For UK mainland residents, obviously muzzle loaders and air. But for our friends in the not so discriminated against parts of the British Isles such as Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, lets see your cartridge revolvers and semis!!! And for those in foreign shores, really make the green eyed monster come out!

So, to kick off, here's my current batch.....

Euroarms Rogers & Spencer .44. London Grey finish and adjustable sights.

Uberti Cattleman .44, 4.75" barrel.

Uberti Cattleman .44, 7.5" barrel.

Uberti 1861 Navy .36, with detachable shoulder stock.

And a pair of Pietta 1851 Navy Sheriffs in .36, with a RedRiver "Duke" rig. The knife is a Joel Bolden, Coffin Handle, Mini Bowie. The sheath, Joel also made as well as coloured. The colour is so very cloe to that of the holsters. Which believe you, me, was no small feat as the colour was only ever described in emails!!!!

And the last and probably most extreme.......... An Uberti American Buntline, in .45 Colt. This has an 18 inch barrel o to comply with the UK 12/24 rule of a Section 1 firearm!

Go one then, someone elses go!

Good enough start for you Lawrence?
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."- Sir Winston Churchill.

VIP Member

Re: Let's See Your Pistols

Very nice collection, how come there's cartridges on your belt when they're muzzle loaders ?
    Love the detachable shoulder stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
    Very nice collection, how come there's cartridges on your belt when they're muzzle loaders ?
    They are .32-20 cal and are ued in my original Marlin 1894. It shoots fantastically for a 115 year old rifle!

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."- Sir Winston Churchill.

Hi,

Is that a breech on the Cattlemans (should that be Cattlemen? )? Did you have to have it muzzle-loader-ised to keep it after the ban?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by BGC_Tom View Post
    Hi,

Is that a breech on the Cattlemans (should that be Cattlemen? )? Did you have to have it muzzle-loader-ised to keep it after the ban?

Tom
    No Tom, they were a production model from Uberti. They sold moderately well in the UK and a couple of guys I know in the US also have them, but they sold less well there and round the rest of the world. Apart from the two versions I have, they also did the 5.5" version, but dropped them after a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    No Tom, they were a production model from Uberti.
    But why does a muzzel loader have a breech?

Tom

Not sure what you mean, Tom.

The difference between the Black Powder Cattleman and the cartridge version is basically the cylinder. Instead of being bored through for cartridges, the chambers are "closed" and nipples fitted for percussion caps. As the original design was not muzzle loading, it is loaded by removing the cylinder and using a small press off the gun. The cylinder is then put back on the gun and the nipples capped through the loading gate.

Nice guns. I never knew you could get an 18" barrel on a revolver. I always thought 8" was big

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Not sure what you mean, Tom.

The difference between the Black Powder Cattleman and the cartridge version is basically the cylinder. Instead of being bored through for cartridges, the chambers are "closed" and nipples fitted for percussion caps. As the original design was not muzzle loading, it is loaded by removing the cylinder and using a small press off the gun. The cylinder is then put back on the gun and the nipples capped through the loading gate.
    I see. I saw the breech/loading gate (the little latch you open to insert cartridges, I'm not too up on the lingo I'm afraid I've only ever shot rifles) on the frame so got confused why it was there. Basically they took a cartridge gun and only changed the cylinder. I'm with you now!

Nice collection by the way! *drool*

I thought this was a handgun thread.
    Springfield Armory 1911A1.

My trail gun, Ruger Security Six .357.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I thought this was a handgun thread.
    Erm... it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_I View Post
    I always thought 8" was big
    Ooer matron!

Shoulda kept that to yourself!
    My biggest fear in life is that when I die my wife sells all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it!!

Paracord bracelets, keyrings and lanyards available for sale, pm me for details.

www.countrysideadventures.co.uk

Trader
    Blog Entries

What's the legalities of pistol muzzle loaders in mainland UK ?

Rab

VIP Member

Too late for me and many other FB pistol shooters, perhaps Maidstone Police HQ would be able to post some pics?

Barry
    Guycep Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    What's the legalities of pistol muzzle loaders in mainland UK ?

Rab
    You can get muzzle loader black powder pistols and long barrel pistols on a firearms certificate, if, of course, you have a good reason for owning one. My shooting club certainly had a few long barrel revolver shooters and are quite happy to accomadate black powder pistols
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"
    Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information