Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast
    VIP Member

Re: New Members & Lurkers, Welcome...

Hello to you all,

New member here from The Netherlands my name is Gino (Dutchtracker)
    Iīm a knife collector. (all kinds off knives) But like middle/high end survival-knives the most.
    I like outdoor-sports,mountainbiken,hiking and camping.

gr
    Dutchtracker
    Last edited by Dutchtracker; 15-03-13 at 03:21 PM.

VIP Member

Dear Forum, I am pleased to be your.
    My name is Jeremiah and I write from Italy.
    I love collecting flashlights.
    As a hobby I enjoy underwater fishing (I build my wooden spear guns), I love MTB and KRAV MAGA. I have followed for some time before you decide to subscribe.
    Thank you
    would not exist without darkness

Hello Guys' and Girls',

This site and the wealth of knowledge contained within has been my go too for info on anything sharp and pointy for sometime, so a belated thank you for that. For this reason I decided to actually to join (at last) and become a member. Maybe I can share with someone else what someone else has shared with me.

Help....noob wants to place add but can't work out how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by jaygee View Post
    Help....noob wants to place add but can't work out how to do it
    First you read the forum Rules, then you pay your £10 Subscription by PayPal, and then you can sell in Classifieds.
    Mike.

Semper Vigilans

Maker

Hello All,

I have lurked back & forward since last year, finally joining last month or was it Jan.? My working life started in mechanical engineering & although I left (hands on) engineering in the early eighties Iíve never really, through many interests (as explained below), stopped working with my hands.

My son purchased a scandi knife, 2 years back, for cleaning the trout etc that we catch. I don't know who leaked the information about my background to him but I got the job of maintaining the carbon steel blade, which he wasínt drying well enough. Last summer, terrified of being labelled a nag & robbing my wife of her esteemed title, the loving husband part of me decided to make my son a knife with a stainless blade ( & finally..a use for off cut pieces of wood , that Iím loathe tae chuck out, from our wood-turnings.) So, after a bit oí net search I found a supplier oí stainless blades . I bought half dozen.. to suit the off cuts lying around. Then of course..knives need a sheath = mair searching= *hauf a cowhide, needles, thread , dye, grease & thank God for ĎTvividrí whom I stumbled on 3 sheaths & a friendship thingy later.

*I thought that , as I was hopeless with a needle & thread, I would maybe get 6 good sheaths out of this beast!

My infection has now grown to about 1 dozen serviceable knives & counting, surprisingly 3 of them have been sold to fellow fishermen, some for presents to friends etc. Iíve no found a cure & for now Iím compelled by the next knife. The fishing season is just starting so when winter finally breaks Iíll be doubly compelled : - ) There is SO much of interest in here, I need to find more time!

Later
    Trap

im a bit of a lurker, have a small collection of folders stashed all over the house...

I find this place a great resource for information...

:-)

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Pictures/Picasa/Exports/2013-04-29/P1020168.JPG[/IMG]

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doorkeeper View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Pictures/Picasa/Exports/2013-04-29/P1020168.JPG[/IMG]
    Hi Doorkeeper - it looks as if that link is to a file on your local C: drive, so nobody else can see it. You'll need to upload it to an online image hosting service.

This might help: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...hs-on-BB-v-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by cave_dweller View Post
    Hi Doorkeeper - it looks as if that link is to a file on your local C: drive, so nobody else can see it. You'll need to upload it to an online image hosting service.

This might help: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...hs-on-BB-v-2-0
    You can practice uploading here...................http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...t=quiet+corner
    OIL THE JOINTS KEEP THE FAITH

hello! I stand. My name is Edu I have 26 years and I am Spanish. I am a fan of knives and read a lot this forum.
    thank you very much
    Regards

PDT: I have a page on Facebook called Picasso Knife & Tools where I write and upload photos of my latest purchases. Strider, Crusader, and other custom knives.

Apologize if not all well written. I'm using a translator because my English is not very good

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Picas...4436005?ref=hl
    Last edited by Picasso1987; 06-05-13 at 02:17 PM.

Hi all,

New member here! My name's Nick. I just moved to London from sunny Cape Town, South Africa. Still getting over leaving most of my knives behind due to the tight knife laws over here, but already looking to rebuild my collection. Been lurking around this site for awhile and thought it was high time to sign up.

Cheers

VIP Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wildernick View Post
    Hi all,

New member here! My name's Nick. I just moved to London from sunny Cape Town, South Africa. Still getting over leaving most of my knives behind due to the tight knife laws over here, but already looking to rebuild my collection. Been lurking around this site for awhile and thought it was high time to sign up.

Cheers
    Haha a kindred spirit whose had their very soul torn out by the British border agency :')

Would anyone mind linking me to the donation a page? My VIP membership has expired and I can't send PMs until I renew, or delete 650 messages!
    I'm on my phone and nothing seems to be working right for me. With each page taking 2mins to load then freezing half way through.
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
    Then it's a sport.

You should find the link under your settings menu, near the bottom on the left hand side. (paid subscriptions)
    OIL THE JOINTS KEEP THE FAITH

Thread Information