Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Re: Links to my YouTube knife reviews (updated March 16, 2011)

This week, 2 new review clips, and a video focusing on Spyderco prototypes.

The wonderful Spyderco Kiwi, excellent gentlemen folder, is back in production as a high value slipjoint knife. Here we have a closer look at a variant with Stag handle onlays, and we also compare it to an original backlocking Kiwi.

111. Spyderco Kiwi Stag: for gentlemen on a budget

This relatively compact heavy duty folder is inspired by the ESEE HEST (Hostile Environment Survival Tool) fixed blade, both are indeed designed by journalist and writer Robert Young Pelton. This folder is lovingly manufactrured by the excellent Italian company Lion Steel, and distributed by mr. Pelton's company DPX Gear. In this clip we examine all details of this interesting framelock knife.

112. DPX HEST/F: your tough companion

And, as an extra:

Last week I went to Spyderco's meeting in Amsterdam, where Spyderco owner Sal Glesser and his son Eric showed various production prototypes, and all those present could handle them and give feedback. A splendid day. Dutch knife forum member Wouter was the official photographer and meanwhile he put his pictures online. I use these as basis of my slideshow and meanwhile I comment on my impressions of every knife, singling out my personal favorites.

Spyderco Amsterdam meeting 2011: knife prototype previews

Re: Links to my YouTube knife reviews (updated June 13, 2011)

It has been a while since my last update. Here are 4 new review clips. I especially recommend to check out the Müller MSP Backlock.

113. Müller MSP Backlock: a perfect EDC
    Reinhard Müller (www.mueller-messer.de) is a German knifemaker who offers both custom and small production run knives. His creations are very functional, with great attention to detail. Here we have a look at his affordable MSP Backlock folder, which offers a high end S90V blade, nice manufacturing, and a timeless design. It's in my opinion a perfect, universal knife for every day carry (EDC).

114. Böker Cox: individualist EDC
    In this clip we have a closer look at the Böker Cox slipjoint knife, designed by the talented Danish custom knife maker Jens Anso. The Cox is surely one of the more original designs on the market, a sturdy, almost primitive looking folder that is not tactical at all, and rather seems to originate from truly individualist thinking. Like a vintage Saab car, perhaps you won't like the design of the Cox, but it definitely won't leave you indifferent...

115. Enlan EL02 & EL02B: High value utility
    The Enlan EL02 with Micarta handle and the EL02B with G10 handle are eminently affordable folders that still provide a remarkably convincing level of fit, finish & performance. In the video we'll examine these two knives in more detail.

116. Nieto knives offer value and design
    Nieto is a Spanish knife manufacturer which is active since the 1950s. They are known for good value knives that are nicely finished. Here we have a closer look at 3 attractive Nieto knives featuring an elegant design:
    - 11032 Traveller, a universal yet relatively light fixed blade for various outdoor uses.
    - 11035 Chacal drop point, a sturdy fixed blade featuring a handle of rare "Pagawa" wood
    - 040-B Rock folder with elegant buffalo horn handle scales

Enjoy !

Thanks for the effort ,your reviews are excellent as always in fact I watched the ELAN EL-02 and now want a micarta one
    So I won't be watching anymore of the more expensive ones

Very nice review of the Müller

Nice comparing with the Böker Burger.
    I would very much prefer the handle of the Burger because I don't like the integral guard of the Müller.
    It forces your hand to much away from the blade, that's why I never liked to use my griptilian.
    It may be safer tough.

Re: Links to my YouTube knife reviews (updated June 27, 2011)

Moki is a Japanese knife manufacturer with stellar reputation since their beginnings in 1907. These days, several western companies with high quality requirements outsource production to Moki. In addition Moki offers their own range of suave, perfectionist knives.
    In this clip we have a look at a limited reproduction of an ancient flagship Moki, a perfectly made and very elegant slipjoint knife that looks similar to traditional American knives. If you like Case, Queen or G.E.C. knives, have a look at this clip and discover a tempting alternative !

117. Moki MK-01K Renaissance: a classic reborn

Re: Links to my YouTube knife reviews (updated September 10, 2011)

A new update with two lesser know yet in my opinion very attractive knives:

1. The Japanese knife manufacturer G. Sakai is known as an excellent quality OEM for western brands (Spyderco, Al Mar, and others), and unfortunately their own knives are less known in the west. Here we have a look at a very interesting fixed blade, the GS-4 Sabi Knife 1, which is one of the few fixed blades made with the totally stainless H-1 steel. We also compare it with the excellent Spyderco Moran. I think that the Sabi 1 knife merits your attention.

118. G. Sakai GS-4 Sabi Knife 1: high quality outsider

2. The Alpin is an attractive traditional folder that originates at least 100 years ago in the Alps mountains. It was designed as a simple, no-nonsense outdoor tool. These days you can still buy this classic pattern from several makers. Here we have a closer look at a refined variant.

119. The Alpin: timeless traditional french folder

Hi Dagon

Could you post a pic of your Böker Exskelibur 1 next to an Enlan EL02?

Great reviews there!

Thread Information